January Reinforcements

sage

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

So not great news unfortunately, Niall Ennis was the player booked in today for a loan to buy. However he got a late bid and looks to be off to Stoke. Can only imagine we are scrambling around to find someone 

Typical 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Word is Sibbo's wages are too high, which I'm pleased about as I'd hate him to go there and shoot them to promotion and be sold for millions to a lower Prem team for Peterborough to profit. Maybe they want Wardy back?

I'll have what you’ve been drinking 😉

39 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

My cat has just inexplicably done a runny s*** in the bath. Whilst I realise this isn’t totally related, it has certainly ruined my transfer deadline day. Could be worse though if you think about it. I suggest you all take this philosophical outlook on events today. 

Shows you right for taking a bath with your cat mate

3 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

So not great news unfortunately, Niall Ennis was the player booked in today for a loan to buy. However he got a late bid and looks to be off to Stoke. Can only imagine we are scrambling around to find someone 

Hopefully we will find someone late one. 

I'm sure I'm stuck in January 2023. We did the exact same last year? Panicking around, couldn't get anything over the line until the final hours. When it happens two years on the trot questions need to be asked of the club. Our rivals are surging ahead with recruitment. It's a shame we couldn't bring in Ennis.

Bolton have had a similar window to Ipswich last season in January and will probably take them up. Peterborough and pompey to fight for the next autos and I see us finishing 4th or 5th 

Edited by Barney1991

9 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Yep, can only imagine BT 🤞

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Bolton have had a similar window to Ipswich last season in January and will probably take them up. Peterborough and pompey to fight for the next autos and I see us finishing 4th or 5th 

Agree, hope we make it this time..

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

We absolutely need a striker having sent Brown out on loan. There's only three hours to go. If we were hoping for Ennis, as we should have been, but he's now gone, we should be ready with a back up. And I'm sure Reading will be grateful for the cash for Sam Smith. That's the obvious deal to get done as we simply need a body in the building, and it's way better than paying massively over the odds for some Sheff Wed has-been.

Worth noting that, as things stand, I would say that our first choice starting XI is stronger now than it was before the window opened.  Injury to TJJ aside (who has predominantly been our back up striker) we’ve lost no first teamers and added two who will make our team more effective and dangerous. 

1 minute ago, dcfcjj said:

Unfortunate that he has got a better move late on which is out of our control, but you’d expect us to have backups. Piss poor if we don’t get someone in.

1 fit striker…

Yep I don’t care for excuses about restrictions etc etc just do your job and get a couple in ffs everyone seems to have strengthened …we need a striker not Gregory!!! To be honest if it’s true the medical was for Ennis going to be difficult with what time is left to get a decent striker in ….i will be hugely disappointed if we don’t 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We absolutely need a striker having sent Brown out on loan. There's only three hours to go. If we were hoping for Ennis, as we should have been, but he's now gone, we should be ready with a back up. And I'm sure Reading will be grateful for the cash for Sam Smith. That's the obvious deal to get done as we simply need a body in the building, and it's way better than paying massively over the odds for some Sheff Wed has-been.

But is there time to get that sorted in a few hours, I doubt it…