January Reinforcements

sage

30 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Crazy how quiet the club have kept things. In his interview Adams said this move has been on the cards for months, I’d be very surprised if we don’t get a striker in tomorrow.

It’s been the theme since Clowes took over.

The initial summer signings post admin were quite public as it seems a number of them were lined up by Rooney/Rosenior, the signings in Jan then seemed to come out the blue (as underwhelming as they were), the signings last summer were known to Big Trav but not the media or Twitterati from what I recall(?), and the CBT info only seems to have leaked from the Charlton side. Even the links to Smith and Gregory have come from local Sheffield journos.

As anxious as it seems to make the fan base in general I think I prefer it. Warne has maintained that bids were in for players, Adams has said himself this move was lined up a while ago, 2 players in on top of keeping the ones we had (so far 🤞).
Just a striker now please Santa Clowes 🙏 

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wasnt that a friendly though, abit different to a competitive game

Yeah was pre season wasn’t it, think Leigh Curtis has pretty much already ruled out Smith

On 30/01/2024 at 20:33, Donegal Ram said:

With the current situation at the club it should have been a natural reaction to blood some youngsters. Not given any a chance to show what they can do in the first team apart from Brown's 5 minutes here and there. They would get more patience from the crowd if given this chance. 

We know that the current set up with Bird and Hourihane in midfield isnt really working but, if one was dropped and replaced by robinson who is more of a combative midfieder then it would appear that warne is addressing the situation. 

Older journeymen with injury records aint the answer. 

Agreed I would blood some youngsters, that said Warne must achieve top 3 maybe 4 to show enough improvement.  I think if we fail to make the POs, he's toast.  That may be the reason he is reluctant to blood youngsters...........