January Reinforcements

sage

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Tbh, I think it's been hinted at a couple of times. They overestimated how long it would take to 'rebuild' the academy, so didn't expect many players to come through for a couple of years. This would have likely been a factor towards opting for a manager with minimal histroy of bringing through academy players, and no working history with a category 1 academy.

Doesn't make sense if the appointment is a long term one - 4 years. Even if the Cat1 Academy didn't come through until next season how does Warne fit?

I dont see the point in signing anyone else this window pretty much everything out there currently are out of our price range or not good enough. Risk it till Wag and Wash are back we could play Barkhuizen up top he used to play striker once upon a time and as for midfield time to give Robinson and Fapetu a chance . 

Typical derby recruitment department from the last 10 years. In the summer go in for Marvin Johnson to be messed about in wages etc. have a look at smith and get the same. Up comes January we spend nearly the whole of January looking for a striker. Send in a loan bid the week before the deadline to none other than Sheffield Wednesday again. Agree to pay wages and then get messed around saying they want a loan fee. Instead of moving and having a really good look around we again stick the satnav on to Yorkshire again to the same club and ask for the other striker and get messed around in wages. Ohh and Rotherham where we had Washington from also hail from Yorkshire. 

do we literally scout Yorkshire only or has warne give up the coffee machine for Yorkshire tea 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Typical derby recruitment department from the last 10 years. In the summer go in for Marvin Johnson to be messed about in wages etc. have a look at smith and get the same. Up comes January we spend nearly the whole of January looking for a striker. Send in a loan bid the week before the deadline to none other than Sheffield Wednesday again. Agree to pay wages and then get messed around saying they want a loan fee. Instead of moving and having a really good look around we again stick the satnav on to Yorkshire again to the same club and ask for the other striker and get messed around in wages. Ohh and Rotherham where we had Washington from also hail from Yorkshire. 

do we literally scout Yorkshire only or has warne give up the coffee machine for Yorkshire tea 

We only go for players who can get to training on the bus, ideally with a bus pass.

We have not been great att transfer windows for quite some time so might as well keep what little funds we have and try with the current squad. The risk with Gregory is that he will most probably end up injured after a few minutes and we are back at square one anyway. 

Total random name, but I think we were linked to him previously. Jebbison the young Sheffield United striker. Would score goals at this level. We haven’t been linked just wonder if he’s available for loan and could be the prem youngster we are after.

Edited by Eoghan1884

36 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

I dont see the point in signing anyone else this window pretty much everything out there currently are out of our price range or not good enough. Risk it till Wag and Wash are back we could play Barkhuizen up top he used to play striker once upon a time and as for midfield time to give Robinson and Fapetu a chance . 

Not really it just shows a lack of proper research and scouting. There are plenty of gems out there who would be available. It really does make me wonder what our recruitment department has been doing. 

28 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Didn’t realise they’d moved Charlton to Yorkshire, that should make the drive easier on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Chin up ya miserable buggers. Top two by easter.

Add the centre mid and a striker who can score at this level who can keep fit and there’s no reason we can’t 

Edited by Barney1991

26 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Total random name, but I think we were linked to him previously. Jebbison the young Sheffield United striker. Would score goals at this level. We haven’t been linked just wonder if he’s available for loan and could be the prem youngster we are after.

the stripes are the wrong colour

33 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

According to Derby Telegraph Oxford are after Marriott and Bolton have bid for Aaron Collins from Bristol Rovers meanwhile Callum Lang has scored to make it 2-1 for Portsmouth.

They turned down a 600 k bid from Oxford in the summer.  Probably get him this time. Collins will be a good buy.  Think they were talking over 2 million for him not long ago. 

On 27 January 2024, Collins was ommitted from the matchday squad as Rovers faced Oxford United with rumours surrounding his future at the club, amid reported interest from other clubs.[42] Manager Matt Taylor confirmed that it was the player's decision to not be selected

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

I think we have an outside chance of automatic promotion as we are looking a comfortable 4th at the moment, so I would imagine there’ll be little to no movement tomorrow.

People demanding we push the boat out on signings when the budget is very limited or reliant on outgoings perhaps signals how we got into this mess in the first place.

Personally I would love to see a new midfielder and a new striker. It would bring excitement and breathe life into the campaign. However this is on a backdrop of decreasing confidence in the recruitment team to deliver.

It seems better to me to wait until the summer when the restrictions will be lifted and we can hopefully make more measured deals than last minute panic signings.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think we have an outside chance of automatic promotion as we are looking a comfortable 4th at the moment, so I would imagine there’ll be little to no movement tomorrow.

People demanding we push the boat out on signings when the budget is very limited or reliant on outgoings perhaps signals how we got into this mess in the first place.

Personally I would love to see a new midfielder and a new striker. It would bring excitement and breathe life into the campaign. However this is on a backdrop of decreasing confidence in the recruitment team to deliver.

It seems better to me to wait until the summer when the restrictions will be lifted and we can hopefully make more measured deals than last minute panic signings.

Get some out on loan to bring a couple in .  There must be enough pissed millionaires getting splinters here on a regular basis.  They've had bloody weeks.