January Reinforcements

sage

23 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Fornah to League 1 

Ward - wants out 

Only new deal that looks like being signed is Collins at the moment 

Would be surprised to see Fornah go especially over Smith. 

Ward can go for me, not been impressed and you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but I don’t look at him and think top man. 

Happy to see whoever leave if it means we can strengthen before deadline day closes.

26 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Fornah to League 1 

Ward - wants out 

This is great isnt it in week window closes if true.  "Agent please get me to Derby as their new recruits want to or just get sent out after half a season, their fans criticise new heralded signings after couple of part matches, the pitch is rubbish and the fans boo them off at half time - that is the place for me. Please make it happen" Not

15 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I've seen you suggest Al-Hamadi a few times... he's linked with a £2m move to Ipswich, you may as well suggest Mbappe.

I didn’t know that but even so we don’t know that’s true what I’m saying is …there must be a few up and coming strikers where we could sign even a loan 

if we don’t sign anyone and Collins gets injured then no excuses ….kiss the top two goodbye 

It's going to be a repeat of last year isn't it?

Decentish form in January and not far off the top 2, have a poor winter transfer window so any injuries derail our season.

Could see it coming from a mile off.

24 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I didn’t know that but even so we don’t know that’s true what I’m saying is …there must be a few up and coming strikers where we could sign even a loan 

if we don’t sign anyone and Collins gets injured then no excuses ….kiss the top two goodbye 

And possibly a play off place..

8 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

No.

Nyambe will be back soon and we won't concede more than another 10 goals all season. Be like a new signing.

Brown will return from his loan a fully formed first team player and lead us to glorious victory with a play-off final hattrick.

27 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Decentish form in January and not far off the top 2, have a poor winter transfer window so any injuries derail our season.

Could see it coming from a mile off.

8 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

No.

Nyambe will be back soon and we won't concede more than another 10 goals all season. Be like a new signing.

Brown will return from his loan a fully formed first team player and lead us to glorious victory with a play-off final hattrick.

For all the humorous comment it’s already a different January to last year isn’t it? We signed a player who is allegedly capable at this level, for a fee, a player who’s a good age and not “past it” nor is he an unproven premier league loan. 
We need further reinforcements clearly but I don’t agree that it’s comparable to last Jan at this point. 

9 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

No.

Except Warne won't play Brown.

We have sent him out on loan and we will replace him with a young player with a worse goal scoring record on loan from a prem club.

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

For all the humorous comment it’s already a different January to last year isn’t it? We signed a player who is allegedly capable at this level, for a fee, a player who’s a good age and not “past it” nor is he an unproven premier league loan. 
We need further reinforcements clearly but I don’t agree that it’s comparable to last Jan at this point. 

That is a fair argument.

I also did say that this year is about quality rather than quantity.

It feels like we are light by 2 players. and its a shame, had we integrated Weston, Robinson and Brown more, we might not actually be looking that way.

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

Fornah to League 1 

Ward - wants out 

Fornah is rated in the same way DPFG was, lots of leggy effort little real ability. He got caught again in the middle of the park for them to break on Sat. Would rather we'd have tried Fapetu and rather see him now.

Ward - bye

Collo, another year to keep him happy?

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We've signed one player. This one player isn't going to carry us to the top 2, considering we've had another injury since he signed and another go out on loan. There's 3 days left and there's only a link to one player who is going to cost a lot of money. 

If we get another injury, it will screw our season up (like Bird last season). 

Very poor window, seemingly not learnt our lessons from last season.

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Agree, so far signed less players 😉

One good thing is that buying CBT who I think will be a good player, given some time to settle in, it will release Barks to play down the middle as a number 10, which is actually his preferred position. So we then have Barks and Sibley who could be actually playing in their preferred position, behind Collins? Sibley seems to be a bit of mystery, flashes of greatness, then nothing for ages. I suspect he will go in the summer, or even maybe if a cheeky bid comes in in the next day or so..

On saturday there were a couple of times when a pass from the centre circle straight to Collins on the edge of the area was wide open, but it went to the wings instead. A back to goal striker who holds the ball like Martin used to do would be a great tactic! Sibley and Barks would then be great runners. Mac part one tactics....

3 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

We've signed one player. This one player isn't going to carry us to the top 2, considering we've had another injury since he signed and another go out on loan. There's 3 days left and there's only a link to one player who is going to cost a lot of money. 

Hence why I said it’s not comparable to last Jan at this point. Last Jan we hadn’t spent on fee, hadn’t signed a proven league one player at a good age, and didn’t have the squad depth we do this season.

That’s not to say it might not go the same way as last Jan, just never get the need to catastrophise everything when there’s differences to last Jan and still time for further strengthening.

The comment about not learning our lessons from last year seem to ignore the fact that we’re very clearly still limited in what we can do, yes we could have spent more wisely in the summer through the wonderful prism of hindsight, but the info put out since the CBT signing all but confirms there’s only so much we can do in order to strengthen. Not using it as an excuse but it surely has to be a consideration at this point? 

Truly do believe we’ll get at least 1 more through the door. How good they’ll be is anyone’s guess. 

Personally I’d like 2 decent signings but we don’t want to stretch the recruitment teams capacity.

48 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Stop feeling Grumpy !! .....

Snow White will be having words with you 🤣