January Reinforcements

sage

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are we looking at a 4 3 3 or 3 at the back as our favoured formation allowing for the 3 in midfield which we desperately need 🤔

I think we've looked most solid with a back 4, Nyambe, Nelson, Cash and Fozzy being the incumbents, if fit. I think the intention was clearly to switch to a 3 and play with WBs, but it's rarely looked like it suited the players at hand, which I don't really understand if I'm honest.

Edited by Comrade 86

4 hours ago, Topram said:

Be surprised if we bring in 2 never mind we, definitely agree with you though, perfection would be 1 big Eustace type midfielder 1 ball carrying box to box CAM and a striker but that’s dreamland. 

I expect a last min striker on loan and probably 1/2 out

I watched wba game today and watching Swift play for the baggies he is exactly the type of midfielder who would make a massive difference ( I’m not saying Swift himself as out of our range ) but a player like him who constantly wants the ball drives forward has great range of passing and mixes his game up plays one twos and sometimes goes direct 

if Bird is not signing let’s get him gone get Arblaster and offer cash plus a fringe player for Brannigan or someone decent who scores from Midfield use Fornah as a CDM 

do a loan with view to buy on Al Hamidi or the Newport striker and all of a sudden we’d look much stronger 

I still see the same problem though even if we did sign some decent players ….we don’t play through the thirds so we don’t control games anyway 

realistically though I don’t think we’ll sign anyone significant enough to make a difference maybe a striker on loan who we’ve never heard of 

at least it won’t be springett as he’s gone to the cobblers 

2 hours ago, JPRamFan said:

Evans from Newport looks good. Has scored 15 league 2 goals this season and has scored today against Man U.

Out of contract in the summer I think but there is championship interest in him

Just now, Rambalin said:

Out of contract in the summer I think but there is championship interest in him

Go to be worth a punt looks sharp has good movement and would surely jump at the chance to join us he’s different to Collins and would give us cover and could play in a two 

would be a decent signing and wouldn’t cost the earth 

I don't think we need a Eustace type player as much as i loved him, as the game has progressed. It's easier to pick up yellows now and pace is needed more.

I's be happy with Bird as the deepest man and 2 energetic players in front of him, with some form of goal threat and creativity between them. 

16 hours ago, JPRamFan said:

Evans from Newport looks good. Has scored 15 league 2 goals this season and has scored today against Man U.

Remember reading a few weeks a go about him - Newport have turned down multiple offers.

Didn't know his contract was up this summer.

Definitely another one who looks like he could easily make the step up. Played more like a number ten as well rather than an out and out striker.

11 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Fornah to League 1 

Ward - wants out 

Only new deal that looks like being signed is Collins at the moment 

Jeeeez well our recruitment team should be proud of themselves …we look like we could well be scraping the barrel again in last few days of the window  if we are lucky !! 

no one is privvy to our circumstances etc but whatever they are something is not quite right if we can’t get a couple more in 

go and put bids in for Evans , Hamidi or an up and coming striker from somewhere because we can’t go into the last phase of the season with just Collins as our only striker 

we don’t know that Waggy or Washington won’t break down again 

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Jeeeez well our recruitment team should be proud of themselves …we look like we could well be scraping the barrel again in last few days of the window  if we are lucky !! 

no one is privvy to our circumstances etc but whatever they are something is not quite right if we can’t get a couple more in 

go and put bids in for Evans , Hamidi or an up and coming striker from somewhere because we can’t go into the last phase of the season with just Collins as our only striker 

we don’t know that Waggy or Washington won’t break down again 

I've seen you suggest Al-Hamadi a few times... he's linked with a £2m move to Ipswich, you may as well suggest Mbappe.