January Reinforcements

sage

31 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Ladapo just gone to Charlton on loan, that’s a very good signing! Hopefully Blackett-Taylor is better than him.

Bit of a weird one, they’ve young forwards coming through and it’s a bit of a nothing season for them. I thought they’d rather breathe through they’re youth than spend big wages on a 6 month loan.

2 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Bit of a weird one, they’ve young forwards coming through and it’s a bit of a nothing season for them. I thought they’d rather breathe through they’re youth than spend big wages on a 6 month loan.

Maybe it's an insurance policy to avoid relegation, whilst building for next season's promotion push. After all, they are only 4 points above the drop zone, if we were in their position, most of us would be in meltdown by now. Talking of which, it's funny some of our posters being envious of Charlton's position and their 'making a statement'.

I'm sure this point has already been made but, not only is it fantastic to see Derby signing a young player in a position we desperately need to improve in, but it's also so great to see us splashing a bit of cash!

Goes to show that we have got the money to spend if we feel the deal is right and are willing to do so to secure Warne's main targets.

Definitely makes me feel at ease about our financial position and about our owner's willingness to get his wallet out when needed.

41 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'm sure this point has already been made but, not only is it fantastic to see Derby signing a young player in a position we desperately need to improve in, but it's also so great to see us splashing a bit of cash!

Goes to show that we have got the money to spend if we feel the deal is right and are willing to do so to secure Warne's main targets.

Definitely makes me feel at ease about our financial position and about our owner's willingness to get his wallet out when needed.

Get your point but I wouldn't exactly call him young - he's 26.

7 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

It goes back a good while

But how long ago was it? It gets mentioned so regularly around transfer time I've lost any concept of when it first game up!

Or do I really want to know? Will it just make me feel depressingly old?