January Reinforcements

sage

8 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

how on earth were they allowed to sign players with no money,whilst we were put in chains

Must be because we went in to admin. But agree, i found it odd how many good players were signing for them when they had all this chaos surrounding them.

I feel like Collins is massively undervalued honestly, playing as a lone striker where service is everything putting in a shift for 90 mins week in week out. Decent goal return as well and he's one of our most vocal players out there every game. I have more beef with our wide men and centre mids, no one ever gets up there to support Collins up against both CBs. Mendez-Laing has an off game and we look pedestrian at best.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

1 goal and 5 assists in all competitions. Only Mendez-Laing and Hourihane have more assists.

It's an area he needs to improve on, but he is capable of it, as shown by his 3 goals and 14 assists at Forest Green in 21/22

How many in the league?

4 hours ago, caymanram said:

Bit harsh to exclude Wilson….. in my view a big success…

Do agree with you but Wilson was brought in as a RWB or RB and he’s not good enough defensively for me and has been playing further forward where’s he’s done ok but we didn’t really buy him to play there and if we bought a proper winger I don’t think Wilson will be a starter 

Funny really that some of our fans are annoyed, concerned, angry that we don't seem to have any money to spend.

I'm just reading up now on how Newcastle can't afford Solanke. Arsenal have to sell before they could buy. Money in football really isn't there is it.

Newcastle are literally worth billions and billions and have still been told that will have to sell a star player to find a transfer spree.

Wolves made over £150 million in player sales in the summer and they are dangerously close to a points deduction. Everton have had one. I can't imagine Forest are far off either. 

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Do agree with you but Wilson was brought in as a RWB or RB and he’s not good enough defensively for me and has been playing further forward where’s he’s done ok but we didn’t really buy him to play there and if we bought a proper winger I don’t think Wilson will be a starter 

If we are looking to get the charlton lad then he plays left wing which means NML goes back to right wing which means warne will be looking to move Barkhauzen on but he will probably activate an extension soon it seems, Ward and Wilson are ok in the right midfield position but fairly poor at right back so they should only be substituting NML or standing in if he was injured 

3 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Weird one that we have 4 strikers already on the books and most would probably have happily seen Collins leave in the summer if it meant we could bring another in. Now he's our main man (due to his performances and the fact that Waghorn, Wash and TJJ have not set the world alight *shock*). But I do think we need another and IMO there's no snobbery going for a Smith, he's tried and tested and if its only a loan we aren't lumbered with him for next season.

Another winger would be nice and in this respect I'd happily see Sibley leave if that frees up funds to bring a new winger in. Ward looks pony but can't see us offloading him until the summer and Waggy can't be relied to be the 4th winger with his injury issues. Whether we'll get CBT or have to dip in to the loan market is a mystery.

I also agree a Idiakez type player would complete the set, Hourihane doesn't offer enough IMO. But I can't see us signing 3 so maybe this a pipe dream. Plus as unexcited I am by Hourihane and Bird, they have contributed to us being 4th so they can't be that bad. 

Intrigued by Waggy’s injury- not much has been said other than ‘calf’. I’m no sports doctor but wouldn’t the worse soft tissue calf injury be a completely torn muscle ? As bad as that is and can be I would have expected it to have healed before now. Obviously everyone heals differently, but he’s been out an awful long time…

Ironic seeing as he seemed to be brought in as cover up-front and yet he’s been out so long- which does emphasize one very important aspect with Collins (touching wood) in that he’s always available…

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

1 goal and 5 assists in all competitions. Only Mendez-Laing and Hourihane have more assists.

It's an area he needs to improve on, but he is capable of it, as shown by his 3 goals and 14 assists at Forest Green in 21/22

Plus he always seems to give 100% every game…plus he had no pre-season and has been slowly building up his fitness as he actually plays in the first team…

Time will tell, but I think he’s a class prospect…

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

I feel like Collins is massively undervalued honestly, playing as a lone striker where service is everything putting in a shift for 90 mins week in week out. Decent goal return as well and he's one of our most vocal players out there every game. I have more beef with our wide men and centre mids, no one ever gets up there to support Collins up against both CBs. Mendez-Laing has an off game and we look pedestrian at best.

Not only this but the fact he’s available for every game despite being in the twilight of his career. He obviously really looks after himself off the pitch which is ironic seeing as I’ve lost count the amount of times I’ve seen people say he’s overweight.

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

His intelligent play makes space and time for others. I’ve been impressed by his attitude. I haven’t seen a Derby player with quicker feet for a while and I love it when he makes defenders look daft.

He should start every game for me, ideally on the right of a four man midfield.

Ebiowei = very quick feet

6 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

i would like to think the search for strikers goes beyond the first team,and is the main priority for the academy, as that is where the money lies for the future funding of the club

Agree, if Florists can produce a £50 mill striker - we can . Mavididi is a good prospect at Leicester City , he was born in Derby . 

18 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Charlton being linked with Ladapo on loan, wonder if we still hold any interest there?

That's surely backup for the JCH deal, if true? I know Leaburn is injured for another few months but would be very strange to bump him that far down the pecking order when he was one of the standout young talents in the league last season

10 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Won’t be long before the Foo Kin No one jokes surface again. Is this squad good enough to get promoted with no additions, if none of the top 6 players leave ?

Personally don't think clowes has the money we need to push on I think he's got to be looking for investment from elsewhere