January Reinforcements

sage

12 minutes ago, rammieib said:

What does Smith bring that Collins doesn’t?

Smith is a better player than Collins, in my opinion. I would like to see something different, but certainly wouldn’t be against Smith. 

You would hope our recruitment team are doing something in the background though, surely we can be a little more creative in the market. If not, I would have to look at making changes in that department. You live and die by your recruitment, so it needs to be as efficient as possible. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

I simply am not clever enough or knowledgeable enough to get too deeply in to this but if our midfield needs anything it is a player who can control a ball with his first touch, make space to play a useful pass. We talk about someone who can “break up play” or a breaker of lines or a “general” But For me it’s kind of Idiakez .. those players who own the ball and decide what they want to do with it. It ought to be Hourihan but if I am honest with my own feelings, he is solid and tidy, organised and has a decent shot on him. Maestro pulling strings ? Nope, and not is Max (and he should be by now) I suppose that’s League 1 but we have needed a special player in the middle for a long time. 

Spot on …I have not changed my mind on our midfield because Bird showed some drive and went past a player to set up Barks on Saturday 

i dont see it enough from any of our midfielders…we need a goalscoring midfielder who can also control the tempo and dictate the game and be a player always available wanting the ball 

a difficult find but even a few of those traits would be different to what we have 

too many of our mids go missing or don’t want to gamble and break the lines they stay safe 

if we need to generate money to be able to sign a few then I’d let Sibley Smith and Bird go if it meant we’d get a decent striker a CM and another winger 

But here lies the problem I’m yet to be won over by our recruitment team as only Nyambe and Nelson appear  to be decent signings the rest I can honestly say wouldn’t matter if they all left except we’d only have youngsters on the bench or maybe Clowes is not convinced that Warne is the right man to spend any money  but either way Roseniors signings apart from the two I mentioned are still the foundation of our side 

27 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

As well as ins, any of our up and coming juniors up for loans out, or are they all injured?

Appreciate it's irrelevant for this year's promotion push, but we've got to get some sort of pathways going for these players or we won't get any return from the academy.

Agree massively, would love Robinson, Dajaune and Bartley all to get loans out aswell as getting Oduroh a loan where he’ll play.

Edited by Eoghan1884

8 hours ago, S8TY said:

Spot on …I have not changed my mind on our midfield because Bird showed some drive and went past a player to set up Barks on Saturday 

i dont see it enough from any of our midfielders…we need a goalscoring midfielder who can also control the tempo and dictate the game and be a player always available wanting the ball 

a difficult find but even a few of those traits would be different to what we have 

too many of our mids go missing or don’t want to gamble and break the lines they stay safe 

if we need to generate money to be able to sign a few then I’d let Sibley Smith and Bird go if it meant we’d get a decent striker a CM and another winger 

But here lies the problem I’m yet to be won over by our recruitment team as only Nyambe and Nelson appear  to be decent signings the rest I can honestly say wouldn’t matter if they all left except we’d only have youngsters on the bench or maybe Clowes is not convinced that Warne is the right man to spend any money  but either way Roseniors signings apart from the two I mentioned are still the foundation of our side 

Bit harsh to exclude Wilson….. in my view a big success…

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I wouldn't mind one or two of their players, but feel they'll have set a high asking price for players they picked up for free in the summer

Wouldn’t be adverse to signing knibbs not a bad return 6 goals and 4 assists for a rubbish side 

9 hours ago, jimbobram said:

If we only have the opportunity to bring in 1 signing I hope it is Blackett-Taylor. This is building for the next few years, not another 30+ year old. Collins is doing enough this season along with the back up of JJ. CBT would bring much needed attacking threat to aid the strikers. 

So far we've got Collins and a lad that can play for about an hour at best. Why do you think we've got enough?

We're a Collins injury away from having nobody up front.

Plus Collin's hold up play is pretty poor so is his aerial ability. Smith is better in that aspect. 

Collins is a goalscorer. Needs to stay between the posts 

14 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Wouldn’t be adverse to signing knibbs not a bad return 6 goals and 4 assists for a rubbish side 

He's looked a lot better since moving into a central role. 5 goals and 2 assists in those 8 games. 1 goal and 3 assists in the 16 games played on the left wing beforehand. I would have had him in the summer when he was arguably the best AM available to us on a free, but not now. His passing is less than desirable and his assists are more from good finishing than good creative play.

22 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So far we've got Collins and a lad that can play for about an hour at best. Why do you think we've got enough?

We're a Collins injury away from having nobody up front.

Plus Collin's hold up play is pretty poor so is his aerial ability. Smith is better in that aspect. 

Collins is a goalscorer. Needs to stay between the posts 

Washington is back in training next month and Waghorn will return at some point. As we appear to want to play with 2 upfront and Warne wants to play 352, then it's also where Mendez-Laing will play (Barkhuizen too?). That gives us 5 or 6 CF options so I can see why some may say we have enough. I would still sign one more.

12 minutes ago, sage said:

For all his dribbles. How many goals and assists?

Important but not the only consideration.  Opponents tend to double or treble up on him leaving spaces elsewhere.  He is also exciting which is something lacking in the rest of the team.  For me above average league 1 player and the more we have of these the better our chances

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Important but not the only consideration.  Opponents tend to double or treble up on him leaving spaces elsewhere.  He is also exciting which is something lacking in the rest of the team.  For me above average league 1 player and the more we have of these the better our chances

He is entertaining but to view him as a 'big success' or even 'above average' is a little over egging the pudding.

He is an impact sub for a top 6 side.

This side has been carried by the back 4, Hourihane, Bird, NML and Collins. All of theur faults but are above average. The other 2 places are support acts.

Sadly these are now 4 support acts.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

but feel they'll have set a high asking price for players

Can they? In the position they're in, I feel like they need all the money they can get.

Regarding Knibbs, I heard in the summer that he actually didn't want to move back home (he's from Derby).

23 minutes ago, sage said:

He is entertaining but to view him as a 'big success' or even 'above average' is a little over egging the pudding.

He is an impact sub for a top 6 side.

This side has been carried by the back 4, Hourihane, Bird, NML and Collins. All of theur faults but are above average. The other 2 places are support acts.

Sadly these are now 4 support acts.

Hard man to please 😎👍