Derby County versus Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

S8TY

So without doubt the squad is capable of performances based on tempo and movement. We have enough evidence of that, certainly warded off the evil spirits tonight. No matter that Northampton are crap, so is virtually every other team in L1. Putting pace on the ball exposes our quality edge. What we need now is consistency, home and away. Helps if the same line up is selected, I’d certainly stick with this back 4. 

Edited by Matchday Fred

18 minutes ago, Damon1985 said:

Question...

As someone that has not seen Derby play regularly this season... but has watched Derby vs Exeter and today... 

What i ask is what is the big difference in the games such as Cambridge? Is it the lack of first goal? Or... are our tactics evolved? 

Teams happy to sit back and deny us space vs teams who try (very badly) to play football against us and leave massive gaps.

Today was the equivalent to FGR at home last season. They try to play the right way but they're utterly hopeless in every aspect.

Edited by Kokosnuss

7 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

under all the tattoos you mean😅

I can just picture Keogh walking into a tottooist's carrying a rolled up carpet and saying "lock the doors, none of us are leaving until I look like *unrolls carpet to reveal a limp sonny bradley* Derby County's next captain"

"urr....so you've had a tottoo before have you? It's just usually customers are asking for a love heart with their kid's name or a little unicorn...I mean i can do it...i just..."

"did i go urrm...yeah..like you say or something..did I...like you say...make me look like him....."

@RoyMac5 what was funny about my earlier post? Are you that entrenched in your views that you genuinely cannot bring yourself to give Warne even the slightest bit of credit in isolation for tonight’s performance? 
I’m not excusing the season, or the falling away towards the end of last season, but surely Warne got something right tonight? 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

@RoyMac5 what was funny about my earlier post? Are you that entrenched in your views that you genuinely cannot bring yourself to give Warne even the slightest bit of credit in isolation for tonight’s performance? 
I’m not excusing the season, or the falling away towards the end of last season, but surely Warne got something right tonight? 

That would go firmly against his agenda.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I can't remember what you said, except that it will have been anti whatever was posted before. 😄