Derby County versus Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

S8TY

3 minutes ago, Damon1985 said:

Question...

As someone that has not seen Derby play regularly this season... but has watched Derby vs Exeter and today... 

What i ask is what is the big difference in the games such as Cambridge? Is it the lack of first goal? Or... are our tactics evolved? 

Probably a combination of factors, tactics better executed, opponents not really turned up, taken 4 of the chances extremely well etc. 

I’ve said before how I see Warne’s tactics as dependent on an early goal which opens the game up a little more for us to pick teams off. When that doesn’t happen, and teams play a decent press/well drilled defence we struggle to break them down. Which is where the lack of a plan b becomes frustrating. 

1 minute ago, Brammie Steve said:

Every time I look at the live text it says Collins misses from six yards. To me this suggests a goal hanger but one who is unable to finish the job.

Fair or an unjust generalisation?

Just asking!

Fair, he'd struggle to hit a cows arse with a tennis racket

1 minute ago, Brammie Steve said:

Every time I look at the live text it says Collins misses from six yards. To me this suggests a goal hanger but one who is unable to finish the job.

Just asking!

2 minds on this one, he does get into the right positions but misses some sitters thats for sure

2 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

Just asking!

Can and does score, has the record to prove it, but is ageing and inconsistent. Still offers something to the squad for me.