Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

I'll just do a direct copy of what I said on another forum, can't be arsed to re-word it....

That's us set back another 6 months at least then, maybe longer depending on what we actually do in the transfer window. His initial appointment had already delayed our progress by 1.5 - 2 years.

Basically he's failed to do his job properly with a budget "good enough for promotion" bur rather than face up to it having been an error to appoint him we're going to waste further valuable resources by shoving them in his direction, allowing him to make it even more difficult for whoever inevitably ends up taking over from him to build their own team or change to a better style of play.

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Got to hope the toxicity gets to Warne and he jacks it in. 

Clowes had a shocker here.

2 months til January. There's no chance he's making it unless things make a very sharp 180 turn. The toxicity will become too much.

Attendances dropping this season is one thing, which they will only so much due to season tickets, but renewals should be his worry.

Just now, Srg said:

2 months til January. There's no chance he's making it unless things make a very sharp 180 turn. The toxicity will become too much.

Attendances dropping this season is one thing, which they will only so much due to season tickets, but renewals should be his worry.

Really think DC/SP have underestimated how many of the fans have turned. Of course there’s still Warne inners lurking in the shadows. But the clubs in the mud with this decision unless as you say Warne has a lobotomy and becomes a good fit for us.

I think some are overreacting to what's essentially a message saying "we haven't sacked him yet."

If anything, it makes it closer to him going. Club sources never tell you someone's job is safe when the team is doing well, because that's obvious. When they feel the need to say it, it's because they feel compelled to say something.

Also serves as a pre-text if they do sack him, it's not a knee-jerk reaction and they've really thought about it.

Before everyone on here has a total meltdown, the small print in the statement clearly reads 'the job is yours but things had better improve and soon'.

This means results and performances must improve to retain 'our' backing.

I applaud the club stance to back their manager. He knows his head is on the block. Let's see if the players put in the effort to keep him in the post.

Fwiw I don't think he'll be here after 18/11 as i simply can't see things turning around.

I do hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the players are looking towards the next incumbent who should be able to offer a better football philosophy.

If that's the case then Warne will be here until the end of the season. I'm not surprised, I don't think the ownership have smelt the danger from the supporters regarding the lack of backing we have for the manager. I reckon we are one home defeat from a full on meltdown. Currently feel like I am watching the team at home dreading the reaction if we went a goal down and couldn't turn it around. 

I don't agree with the "knee jerk reaction" statement. The football has been dreadful for 9-10 months, I think supporters have been patient for awhile and now the contained anger has boiled over. If away supporters start calling for your head then I don't know how you can turn it around. Personally I can't remember any manager in recent history where supporters have verbally pelted them and all of a sudden the results dramatically change. I suspect the board need to save face by backing him due to the level of investment they've put into the management team.

I'm all for stability by the way. If I saw some shoots of progress with a consistent plan and style every week, Warne would have many more people backing him. But there's no plan, there's zero consistency and his recruitment on the whole has been woeful so far. It comes to a point where the egos need to be dropped for the good of the club. And that time is now.

Only thing I'd say:

If Warne manages to turn this season around, will those that have called for his head already not feel a bit ashamed? Not the people just being critical, but actively calling for him to be sacked. I'm not best impressed either at the minute, but I'd feel a bit stupid if I jumped to the extreme of vocally calling for the manager to be sacked, and he then did alright... Dunno, it just feels like a 'past the point of no return' thing to me where once you've said it, you can't take it back, and if you're wrong, you don't have much right to celebrate the success?

This isn't me saying I think Warne is the right man for the job or anything, just that there's still time for this season to be successful and I don't think we're too far gone just yet.

If it is true and not just the old "dreaded vote of confidence" then it is shambolic and makes me question Clowes' ability as a football owner and makes me even more enraged at Pearce. 

We're going absolutely nowhere as a club and will be a League 2 club sooner than a Championship club.

13 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Not unexpected I must say. DC is being conservative and not pulling the trigger yet perhaps learning from his mistake last year to dump Rosenior. 

We are not out of it yet, and as I said a week or two ago, unless attendance starts dropping below say 20- 22k then I don't see him leaving. It would mean too must disruption mid season. Maybe we have to accept treading water this season and have a good go next season. If you don't like it, stop going and 'supporting' or swap to Burton Albion until Warne has gone? 

no way this is treading water,this is full on drowning