Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

33 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Home crowds are falling expect about 23,000 tomorrow. 

The attendance is always given as tickets sold, so all season ticket holders count as being there. I think I read that we'd sold 22k (happy to be contradicted if anyone has the actual figure), so it's unlikely that official attendances will fall below 24k as there'll always be away fans and walk ups.

Clowes and Pearce will have the actual turnstile figures though, which will always be lower. Their concern will be if they are thousands lower and if walkups drop significantly. 

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The attendance is always given as tickets sold, so all season ticket holders count as being there. I think I read that we'd sold 22k (happy to be contradicted if anyone has the actual figure), so it's unlikely that official attendances will fall below 24k as there'll always be away fans and walk ups.

Clowes and Pearce will have the actual turnstile figures though, which will always be lower. Their concern will be if they are thousands lower and if walkups drop significantly. 

Attendance is always given as people in the ground

32 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I think unfortunately PW has proven a poor fit for this club. I don't blame Clowes for appointing him as he clearly has the promotion pedigree and no doubt interviewed well, but it's clear it isn't working out.

The fans have never taken to him (and vice versa), and I get the impression that he doesn't even like this club very much.

I get that impression too.

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Warne... IN. 

Cr@p. There goes any hope of salvaging the season. My gut feeling is that not much will change and DC will probably get rid sometime near Xmas when the disconnect between the management and fans is total.. By then there will be a hell of a lot of catching up to do. I hope I am wrong I really do…

Edited by DanS1992

Perhaps in years gone by, you needed to give a new manager extended time to make a change but nowadays it's pretty quick. Even for us looking at the likes of McClaren you see an immediate upturn in style and performance. If we look at changes for Portsmouth and Oxford, Mousinho got the job 20th Jan and has got a average points of 1.98 over 42 games and only 5 losses. Manning took over at Oxford on 13th March, has points average of 1.59 overall, but 2.07 after the summer transfer window.

We've now missed out on Mike Williamson from Gateshead who's just gone to MK Dons, he played excellent Barcelona style total football at Gateshead. Then there's Luke Williams at Notts County, both young up and coming managers who play good attractive football.  

It just shows Clowes' inexperience as an owner really.

Not in a particularly bad way, but just from the perspective that everyone knows when a manager gets the "100% vote of confidence" from the board, he's got less than 5 games left