Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

He looks a player with ability surrounded by crap.

sibley looks not much better than the dross around him going on todays contribution 

I'm not convinced myself.  Good midfielders drive a game .  He's pedestrian more than he's not.  I thought Sibley had a better game today playing out of position, Having to drop back to get the ball and having no striker in the box as Collins was AWOL.

6 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

Only Bird comes out of this game with credit, some ok performances at times but nothing exceptional from anyone else.

I'd say put this behind us BUt I always say this.

Can't agree. Bird was no better (or worse) than most. 

Wildsmith MOM for me (that probably says it all) and Cashin was decent and kept us in it.

2 minutes ago, Kinder said:

That is appalling. I haven’t called for Warne to be sacked until now, but he has to go. He’s getting nothing out of these players and the football is dreadful. I’d see if Colin fancied a go.

You're saying what I'm thinking. I can't tell if it's a knee-jerk having sat on the fence as much as possible, but I almost can't bear to watch the next match, so maybe that means something.

3 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

That was really poor. It’s getting really difficult to see any signs of progress. Would argue we’re starting to regress now, feels a long way from even a top six place at this point.

Have we ever scored from a long throw? Genuinely can’t remember doing so.

Not sure what our plan is, we just keep getting the ball in the box but to no one in particular. We’re woefully short up front. 

you've only just noticed ?

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

I think he's gone, and he knows it. 

I don’t think he is or does. He’ll see it as 7 unbeaten before today and he’ll point to the header their keeper stopped at 0-0. 

I hope he is gone soon. 
Not going to clap the fans is a turning point mind. 

16 minutes ago, Mckram said:

It’s surprising how much a change of coaching can change players overnight. Confidence and belief is a huge part of football and at the minute we have neither.

My biggest fear is that we continue this way, lose the actual talented players in our team and then have a team of players who are average League 1 players at best. 

This is what worries me the most at the moment. Currently Wildsmith, Cashin, Fozzy, Nyambe, Bird, Thompson, Robinson, Sibley, Hourihane, Smith, Barkhuizen, NML, Collins and Waggy are all out of contract at the end of the season. A good chunk of those will likely have offers elsewhere from clubs that will be above 11th in League One. Any progress we make this season, which so far is looking minimal, will immediately be wiped and we'll be starting fresh again. Based on what Warne has dished up so far I do not trust him with that rebuild and if we get that one wrong, we might be down here for a few years.

Edited by lrm14

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

One petulant PW interview coming right up I suspect.

He wants to feel the love, but he needs to earn it and he's not even close right now.

He has to own his decisions, the world and his dog could see we needed firepower and attacking threat this season and we failed massively on that front. 

I’m not commenting on the game. I didn’t watch or listen to it. And that’s the problem Clowes has - I am a season ticket holder and an away member (who can never get a ticket) and yet I couldn’t even summon up the interest to walk into the next room and put the radio on. What are the floating, part-time supporters going to do?

I think we can’t afford, long term, to not sack him as our revenue will be down substantially the way things are going making things even more difficult. I wouldn’t shed a tear to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Some abuse there towards the derby players and chants of Paul warne, your football is 💩

Here we go......

DC has the decision to make... hearing your fellow Rams fans shout that kind of abuse and chanting against the manager has got to make you seriously think!

We've got a couple of winnable home games coming up in November... ideal time for someone new to get the measure of who he has to work with.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Ever checked a nappy and ended up with poo on your finger?

Yeah... I'd rather do that again than watch another 90 minutes of football under Warne based on today.

I had more fun cleaning the cat poo from my garden path this morning than watching that today.