Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Epic train journey home today. Being stuck just outside Derby for 45 minutes is not what you want....but...performance today i wouldnt call great but...as Tuesday night i saw us trying to play again. It was sloppy at times but i can take that. Far better than watching us just get it wide and cross it!! Nelson continues to prove me wrong as i really didnt want him here..Nyambe looks a player..all in all im in far happier mood than last weekend. We move on. 

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You should try though cos it'll really piss off all of the repetative little happy clappers who think good football is being served up by Warne?

Care to name a few Roy? I don't see anyone saying that so I'm thinking it's just more strawman BS in order to faciltate another bitch at Warne, a manager you heralded after cussing out Rosenior. It's interesting that you seem to place such salt in your views, as it doesn't appear many others do.

*It's spelt 'repetitive', an adjective that could never be applied to you 🙊

Edited by Comrade 86

1 hour ago, alram said:

i couldnt listen to the game today due to work, was it more of the same or was it an improvement? stats dont really paint much of a picture although not sure they ever do

Similar. A regression from Lincoln but an improvement from some of the earlier games. We looked okay for 20 minutes then after we scored we couldn't string more than two passes together. That said there were positives in Collins, Nyambe, and the defence looking solid as a whole. I feel Nyambe in particular is going to offer us a lot, he's the perfect player to be playing behind NML with how solid he is defensively.

Edit - Nelson stood out too.

Edited by lrm14

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Care to name a few Roy? I don't see anyone saying that so I'm thinking it's just more strawman BS in order to faciltate another bitch at Warne, a manager you heralded after cussing out Rosenior. It's interesting that you seem to place such salt in your views, as it doesn't appear many others do.

*It's spelt 'repetitive', an adjective that could never be applied to you 🙊

To be honest with you, which manager has Roy ever backed, might go back to Arthur Cox, although i bet he wanted him out when we failed to get promotion in Arthur's first season here in division one. 

1 hour ago, lrm14 said:

Similar. A regression from Lincoln but an improvement from some of the earlier games. We looked okay for 20 minutes then after we scored we couldn't string more than two passes together. That said there were positives in Collins, Nyambe, and the defence looking solid as a whole. I feel Nyambe in particular is going to offer us a lot, he's the perfect player to be playing behind NML with how solid he is defensively.

Edit - Nelson stood out too.

Thanks sounds like a mixed bag then, job done at the end of the day can’t grumble

Poor with the ball but solid defensively.  Think we might see a few more performances like this away from home this season.  Would be reasonably happy if we played better football at home but still can't help but think you need to be better than this to be successful.  

Maybe we're building from the back and better football will come once we've got that solid foundation in place.  Live in hope.

11 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

They obviously don’t need the money. It’s very frustrating and I can’t really see the reasoning behind it. 

I can only assume the reasoning was to prevent a large number of visiting fans from creating an atmosphere more supportive of the away team. As you say, they obviously don’t need the money. 

edit. By that, I meant it looked like they could have given us the terrace behind the goal (it was hardly packed out with home fans).

Edited by Tamworthram

11 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

You are entitled to your opinion but don’t start giving factual information you cannot possibly know is correct! What is Carlisle budget and expenditure and what is ours?

You can’t seriously be questioning the accuracy of that section of my post? 

A team who were 23rd in league 2 and heading into non league when Simpson came in vs a club who by the chairman’s own admission have a budget good enough to get out of the division. 

We will have a top 3 budget - perhaps Oxford and Bolton might be above us but I wouldn’t be too sure. I’d be absolutely floored if Carlisle has anything other than a button 6 budget - probably bottom 3 tbh. 

Early season is often disjointed and we haven’t been helped by injuries. The level of performance currently is below where we want to be and it’s below even where the manager wants it to be but it’s only September. It’s all about picking up as many points as we can while things come together. As far as yesterday goes it’s job done we can’t be unhappy, we want better but Hopefully it will come. The new signings are starting to show promise and as a defender at this level in a back 4 Curtis Nelson is starting to look good. 

I think it’s a poor wide open league this season, if you stay in the mix and have a good run at the right time then it could be enough. We could still be crap and go up. I think this is a real opportunity to get out of this league 

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You should try though cos it'll really piss off all of the repetative little happy clappers who think good football is being served up by Warne?

How lovely. Name one "repetitive little happy clapper who thinks good football is being served up by Warne". There isnt one. The only repetitive posters are those who will never say anything positive whatever PW's team does and say the same thing on just about every page of every thread. We could beat Man City 4-0 away in the FACup but they would say "its not their first team" or "its only the cup".

But there are those who have perhaps more realism regarding the position we are in and are bored rigid with the anti-PW constant negativity whatever the thread subject is supposed to be from certain posters. Everyone has the right to be boring and tedious as that is what the forum is for- for fans to say what they want, within reason. 
I am not a happy clapper who thinks we can use admin as an excuse forever, I dont enjoy the football most of the time, I dont think PW is really a good fit at Derby and I think we could probably do better with someone else with these players at the moment BUT whilst he is the manager I will get behind him and the team, trudge across to all home matches, be deafened by the PA system, and enjoy a bit of a mutter on here.  That doesnt make me a repetitive little happy clapper who thinks good football is being served up. 

16 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

How lovely. Name one "repetitive little happy clapper who thinks good football is being served up by Warne". There isnt one. The only repetitive posters are those who will never say anything positive whatever PW's team does and say the same thing on just about every page of every thread. We could beat Man City 4-0 away in the FACup but they would say "its not their first team" or "its only the cup".

But there are those who have perhaps more realism regarding the position we are in and are bored rigid with the anti-PW constant negativity whatever the thread subject is supposed to be from certain posters. Everyone has the right to be boring and tedious as that is what the forum is for- for fans to say what they want, within reason. 
I am not a happy clapper who thinks we can use admin as an excuse forever, I dont enjoy the football most of the time, I dont think PW is really a good fit at Derby and I think we could probably do better with someone else with these players at the moment BUT whilst he is the manager I will get behind him and the team, trudge across to all home matches, be deafened by the PA system, and enjoy a bit of a mutter on here.  That doesnt make me a repetitive little happy clapper who thinks good football is being served up. 

You obviously don't see the constant jibes at posters who aren't happy with the standard of football being served up. Well I have, and being one of those the jibes are aimed at I aimed back. I've not read any more of your post than the line highlighted.

Edited by RoyMac5

Warne isn’t happy with the performance

Fans: ahh at least he’s honest. 

Some of us raise concerns about the performance

Fans: can’t you just enjoy the win? 

Why can Warne criticise the performance but not the rest of us? 

I’ve said before and I’ll reiterate. In my opinion. We will 100% end up in the play offs this year whether we have McClaren, Warne or Big Bird sat in the dugout so that’s why performances are so important to me. I want to know we have a well oiled machine where everybody knows their role and is coached to do their role well so that if we do go up we are ready to compete rather than needing another 12 signings. 

Edited by IlsonDerby

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Warne isn’t happy with the performance

Fans: ahh at least he’s honest. 

Some of us raise concerns about the performance

Fans: can’t you just enjoy the win? 

Why can Warne criticise the performance but not the rest of us? 

I’ve said before and I’ll reiterate. We will 100% end up in the play offs this year whether we have McClaren, Warne or Big Bird sat in the dugout so that’s why performances are so important to me. I want to know we have a well oiled machine where everybody knows their role and is coached to do their role well so that if we do go up we are ready to compete rather than needing another 12 signings. 

He has had injuries to deal with why can’t you just give Warne time .

I get you don’t like the style of Football but sometimes needs must .

We ain’t going to be Real Madrid every week we need to grind out results .