Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

12 hours ago, Mckram said:

Is it just me that finds it crazy we will offer £300k when he will be free in the summer?

I can only assume we have a fee for Cashin or something already arranged for us to be throwing that money around on someone with 6 months left.

If we have sold anyone then it makes sense that it isn’t announced until we’ve done our business so asking prices don’t go up.

2 ways to spin this: if we’re paying a fee for him his agent can’t be asking for silly signing on fees and wages which usually comes with free agents who are entering their prime years. 

secondly it depends what the club feel he will be worth both in resale value and in whether he provides the edge to take us up. 

say for example the club go to £400k but believe he’d be worth £1m this summer if he was on a 3 year contract (not out of the realms of reality considering we’ve bid £300k and he’s only got 6 months left) then that’s completely different to the days where we’d sign someone for more than they’d be worth on resale. 

we’d also face more competition in summer too… 

11 hours ago, ram59 said:

I disagree, at the very worst, he could be a 'Bielik, Flo Jo or Anya', costing us 500k transfer fee and around 500k per year wages for a player constantly injured or who doesn't perform. But then, that's no different to any other player, we should know by now, that there is no guarantee with any player that you'll get a return on him or even break even.

There's not a chance in hell we're going to pay nearly £10,000 a week for a league one player, not even half that imo.

1 hour ago, MaltRam said:

According to Transfermarkt...I know...3 teams have spent fees in L1 this season. Barnsley, whose sales massively exceed expenditure, Bristol Rovers, and Charlton who have just podded the lad from WHU. I think the evidence is there.

According to Transfermarkt, there are also 'unknowns' (undisclosed) for Blackpool, Bolton, Burton, Cambridge, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Exeter, Fleetwood, Leyton Orient, Lincoln, Oxford, Peterbrough, Portsmouth, Port Vale, Reading, Shrewsbury, Stevenage, Wycombe, and ourselves.

Northampton and Wigan the only clubs who aren't listed.

41 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

There's not a chance in hell we're going to pay nearly £10,000 a week for a league one player, not even half that imo.

Pretty sure Hourihane is on £12k a week which was the limit imposed on us by the league. I accept he dropped divisions but players producing close to double digit goals and assists demand that easily in L1 now

31 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

According to Transfermarkt, there are also 'unknowns' (undisclosed) for Blackpool, Bolton, Burton, Cambridge, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Exeter, Fleetwood, Leyton Orient, Lincoln, Oxford, Peterbrough, Portsmouth, Port Vale, Reading, Shrewsbury, Stevenage, Wycombe, and ourselves.

Northampton and Wigan the only clubs who aren't listed.

Fair point.

For what it's worth (not much) I can't imagine that any of them are significant.

We know (we think) that we haven't paid a fee for instance.

23 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Is the old Mitre pub still going strong?

22 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

It’s a Starbucks 

15 hours ago, roboto said:

Yeah it’s the one closest to my office 🥃

If this is the pub by Spider Island being referred to, then it's long been demolished, and replaced with a shiny new Starbucks.  

Their manager confirming our bid, him being left out of the side and reports that no issues with personal terms tell me that this is very nearly done - especially if what BT said was correct that he’s already been shown around. 

I’m counting this one as a done deal already. 

2 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

I think that if the club have your view on things, we'll never be able to sign anyone. Less than 5k a week for a top player in lg1 at a big club, that's pure fantasy, I'm afraid.

According to Salary Sport, the average of the top 100 lg1 players is over 360k, you would argue that CBT is a keynote signing at this level and will be quite high up in that top 100. Also bear in mind that those figures are for current contracts, CBT's contract will be based on the next 3 years and not the last 3.

Also, we know that CH is on 600k and I would think that NML's new contract will be in excess of 500k, don't you think that CBT's agent will be pushing to match those figures?

38 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If this is the pub by Spider Island being referred to, then it's long been demolished, and replaced with a shiny new Starbucks.  

No poster mentioned he worked in Hatton Garden London and the Mitre is a gorgeous tiny old pub off Hatton Garden down a gitty that is actually part of Ely cathedral in cambridgeshire. It wouldnt fit a starbucks

https://www.yeoldemitreholborn.co.uk/?utm_source=googlemybusiness&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=yext&utm_content=P148&y_source=1_MTIyMzcxNjctNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLndlYnNpdGU%3D

16 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

No poster mentioned he worked in Hatton Garden London and the Mitre is a gorgeous tiny old pub off Hatton Garden down a gitty that is actually part of Ely cathedral in cambridgeshire. It wouldnt fit a starbucks

https://www.yeoldemitreholborn.co.uk/?utm_source=googlemybusiness&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=yext&utm_content=P148&y_source=1_MTIyMzcxNjctNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLndlYnNpdGU%3D

Ah!  My mistake.  My shame!

The perils of skim-reading!  
Apologies.  🍻

PS:

Can I publicly shame @derbydaz22 too, as it appears they made the same mistake!  🤣

Edited by Mucker1884

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

We’re talking about an old pub at Hatton Garden.

edit: didn’t realise this had already been clarified 😂

Edited by roboto

Just been having a read on the Charlton forum regards Blackett-Taylor.

Definitely leaving……….only us mentioned

Out and out winger, pace to burn.

Doesn’t put in a great shift defensively.

4-3-3 effective, 3-5-2 forget it.

Creates plenty of chances, need runners from midfield getting into the box.

The feeling is they’ll definitely miss him.

Pinched from Charlton forum.

CBT likely to be first out of the door as soon as Derby match our valuation. They've already (according to news reports) offered £250k, I expect £350k would do it.

I do think we'll miss his pace on the break.

CBT will get found out at another club after an initial 4/5 good games .. he will then go back to the way he played for us in the last 2/3 months

I just hope it’s not one of the those all your eggs in one basket type transfer windows👍🐏

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Was there yesterday. Used to be part of Cambridgeshire and the licensee had to go to Ely to renew the licence, but that was a very, very long time ago. Nice old pub near the Hat and Tun, another good ‘un

4 hours ago, Sheepinthedales said:

Pretty sure Hourihane is on £12k a week which was the limit imposed on us by the league. I accept he dropped divisions but players producing close to double digit goals and assists demand that easily in L1 now

I think the 12k is an exception - an enticement in difficult times to get an aging player of his pedigree when there was little else available . The market has changed. I’d bet our regulars are probably earning 4-6 K with the older “stars” on shorter contracts at 6-8 K. There might be room for a 1 off 10k player but you can bet your life there will be terms and conditions. 

I read somewhere that the average (for the top 100 players ) is just over 7k .. remember that average is for the top 100 not all league 1 players. 

On 05/01/2024 at 18:10, Returning ram said:

Devils advocate to that is that 1/ Run risk of upsetting him by turning down a bid 2/ If you want him to resign, reduces chances and increases his negotiating position.

He will be in a Rams shirt soon is my guess with no inside knowledge at all 😏

Fee been agreed yet 🤨

2 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Just been having a read on the Charlton forum regards Blackett-Taylor.

Definitely leaving……….only us mentioned

Out and out winger, pace to burn.

Doesn’t put in a great shift defensively.

4-3-3 effective, 3-5-2 forget it.

Creates plenty of chances, need runners from midfield getting into the box.

The feeling is they’ll definitely miss him.

Pinched from Charlton forum.

CBT likely to be first out of the door as soon as Derby match our valuation. They've already (according to news reports) offered £250k, I expect £350k would do it.

I do think we'll miss his pace on the break.

CBT will get found out at another club after an initial 4/5 good games .. he will then go back to the way he played for us in the last 2/3 months

I just hope it’s not one of the those all your eggs in one basket type transfer windows👍🐏

Fail Oh No GIF by The Great British Bake Off

1 hour ago, jono said:

I think the 12k is an exception - an enticement in difficult times to get an aging player of his pedigree when there was little else available . The market has changed. I’d bet our regulars are probably earning 4-6 K with the older “stars” on shorter contracts at 6-8 K. There might be room for a 1 off 10k player but you can bet your life there will be terms and conditions. 

I read somewhere that the average (for the top 100 players ) is just over 7k .. remember that average is for the top 100 not all league 1 players. 

Interesting thanks. I've not read that so my assumption was based on Hourihane and the perhaps naive expectation/hope that the financial aperture between the prem and L1 wasn't as big as I thought. I'd be interested to know the wages of top earners in the champ. I'd expect that to have increased this season with Leicester holding on to a fair few of their PL players