Fan Forum (not this one)

Stive Pesley

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So how is that supposed to make us feel better.  It’s like a referee saying sorry I shouldn’t have sent him off I got it wrong. 

I don’t think it’s meant to make people feel better. It’s Warne showing accountability for his actions, it’s done, what matters now is what he does to improve things this season. If he doesn’t or can’t it’ll cost him his job and someone else gets to try. 

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It was a tweet from someone - a journo - that was there. Lol to no-one who was ready. Tommo? As for youngsters White and Springett were deemed good enough though, another judgement call obvs. 

“Tim @Tim_Derbs

Q9: any regrets from last season? PW: I didn’t use academy enough, but I should have recruited better in January and it cost us. Admits this was his fault. I didn’t want to ruin young players by sending them out to be lambs to slaughter. -Very reflective on mistakes made.”

The comments were mine, the quotes differentiated the tweet.

Yes, I saw his tweets.

It's a shame his listening skills don't match his journalistic ambition. 

He got several things either wrong, or he put a slant on them that matched his views.

Not good reporting, imo.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Yes, I saw his tweets.

It's a shame his listening skills don't match his journalistic ambition. 

He got several things either wrong, or he put a slant on them that matched his views.

Not good reporting, imo.

So do you like Warnes interview / audience technique better now then as I seem to remember from a post on here he irritated you with his silliness .

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I don’t think it’s meant to make people feel better. It’s Warne showing accountability for his actions, it’s done, what matters now is what he does to improve things this season. If he doesn’t or can’t it’ll cost him his job and someone else gets to try. 

Yes top 6 is the aim, so must improve.

5 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

I’m loathe to wade in to this thread *but* I would suggest anyone who wasn’t there last night waits to form an opinion until they have seen/heard the answers for themselves, rather than basing their view on a Twitter thread.

I think the plan is for the footage to be released tonight. 

Ha ha stop ruining some people’s fun lol 😂 

Just now, Curtains said:

So do you like Warnes interview / audience technique better now then as I seem to remember from a post on here he irritated you with his silliness .

No, his style is not for me, tbh, Curtains. 

But I listened to him and thought about what he said.

Whether I like him personally or not isn't important,  it's what he can get the team to produce on a football field that is. 

To be honest, these forums do little but leave those involved having what they said, what they didn’t say, what attire they wore and what beverage they consumed picked apart until anything of value is completely diminished.

Warne and the players shouldn’t be at these events. They should be fully focused on the weekend. The best message they can put out is three points and a good performance on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

I’m loathe to wade in to this thread *but* I would suggest anyone who wasn’t there last night waits to form an opinion until they have seen/heard the answers for themselves, rather than basing their view on a Twitter thread.

I think the plan is for the footage to be released tonight. 

Why wait when we can use 2nd & 3rd hand information to spout off based on our pre-concieved mindset?

9 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

He totally bottled that question and everyone in the room knew it. 

Telling that there were queues to talk and have photos with Warne, Waggy, Hourihane and Closes but Pearce was just stood like a lemon

Not telling at all. Who in their right minds, regardless of what has gone on before, would queue to have their photo taken with the finance guy when the owner, two players and the manager were there? 

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

To be honest, these forums do little but leave those involved having what they said, what they didn’t say, what attire they wore and what beverage they consumed picked apart until anything of value is completely diminished.

Warne and the players shouldn’t be at these events. They should be fully focused on the weekend. The best message they can put out is three points and a good performance on Saturday.

No I think it’s a good idea as it’s in the evening and its a relief from training during a 2 week break. 
The club has to communicate with the fan base .

I hope we smash Pompey now. 

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not telling at all. Who in their right minds, regardless of what has gone on before, would queue to have their photo taken with the finance guy when the owner, two players and the manager were there? 

"the finance guy"? He's the CEO of the club! Chief Executive Officer is the highest ranking employee. He's been the CEO for 5 years.

I've been at loads of these things before and I remember people queuing to have  their photos taken with Tom Glick & Sam Rush

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I disagree.

He had made his statement at the beginning of the Forum and he must be very cautious about stating anything that would cause legal trouble for the Club.

There are a certain section of the fanbase that will never move on from using him as the scapegoat and are just looking to criticise him at every opportunity. It says more about them than it does about Pearce to be honest. 

To be clear, I am not scapegoating anyone. I have stated before that I find it really curious he's lasted 10 years at the club - when you consider all the scandalous stuff he's overseen in that time, and I would love to understand why that is. That's all.

The fact last night was pretty much exactly his 10 year anniversary of joining the club - that could have been mentioned, but tellingly wasn't. He clearly doesn't want to draw attention to anything in the past. 

That's fair enough, but the question he swerved was a direct "in hindsight is there anything that you feel you personally could have done better" - a real chance for him to show some honesty and maybe endear himself to the fans a little more.

Instead - he blatantly swerved it by parroting his pre-prepared speech from earlier in the evening that wasn't even anything to do with the question. All that does is make him look like he's avoiding scrutiny and that's a really terrible quality to have when it comes to leadership skills. Sorry that I just want the best for the club

10 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

"the finance guy"? He's the CEO of the club! Chief Executive Officer is the highest ranking employee. He's been the CEO for 5 years.

I've been at loads of these things before and I remember people queuing to have  their photos taken with Tom Glick & Sam Rush

Yes, there’s still not many other people on the Board is there? And now reading your post above, happy 10th anniversary of running the club? 

Edited by RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

To be clear, I am not scapegoating anyone. I have stated before that I find it really curious he's lasted 10 years at the club - when you consider all the scandalous stuff he's overseen in that time, and I would love to understand why that is. That's all.

The fact last night was pretty much exactly his 10 year anniversary of joining the club - that could have been mentioned, but tellingly wasn't. He clearly doesn't want to draw attention to anything in the past. 

That's fair enough, but the question he swerved was a direct "in hindsight is there anything that you feel you personally could have done better" - a real chance for him to show some honesty and maybe endear himself to the fans a little more.

Instead - he blatantly swerved it by parroting his pre-prepared speech from earlier in the evening that wasn't even anything to do with the question. All that does is make him look like he's avoiding scrutiny and that's a really terrible quality to have when it comes to leadership skills. Sorry that I just want the best for the club

You're not thick, so you must be stirring.

I find it tedious at best. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, there’s still not many other people on the Board is there? 

The board is basically just Clowes and a secretary

Pearce isn't on the board any more - he's the head of the "Executive Team" along with a HR Exec and a Finance Exec - that's it

Roy McFarland and Pearce were both removed from the Board of Directors after administration