Fan Forum (not this one)

Stive Pesley

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A couple of obvious points so far: Warne has admitted to mistakes in the January transfer window, not watching enough club games which aren't involving our first team, and not using enough academy players last season.

It was obvious to almost every fan that we needed more depth last season. Woth the small squad and no signings, it should have been obvious to use the academy too. Only for him to state in the summer that the squad suffered from burn out.

On the evidence so far this season, he hasn't learned from those lessons.

Warne admitted that he didn't handle the January window as well as he could, but in mitigation, he said that we were flying at the time and that he only wanted to sign players to improve us...which he didn't think he could find.

He said that none of the U21s or U18s were ready to step up last season, and that he's known young players with potential to be ruined by playing mens football too soon. 

He did not say anything about not watching enough games.

I'm saying nothing about opinions, yours or mine, but if you can't get the publicly stated facts straight - what value can be placed on the opinions you draw?

18 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Warne admitted that he didn't handle the January window as well as he could, but in mitigation, he said that we were flying at the time and that he only wanted to sign players to improve us...which he didn't think he could find.

He said that none of the U21s or U18s were ready to step up last season, and that he's known young players with potential to be ruined by playing mens football too soon. 

I'm saying nothing about opinions, yours or mine, but if you can't get the publicly stated facts straight - what value can be placed on the opinions you draw?

He didn’t handle the window at all.

I thought it was an odd point to say he didn’t want to ruin youngsters by throwing them in as lambs to the slaughter, I guess White and Springett didn’t matter. 😄

“Q9: any regrets from last season? PW: I didn’t use academy enough, but I should have recruited better in January and it cost us. Admits this was his fault. I didn’t want to ruin young players by sending them out to be lambs to slaughter. -Very reflective on mistakes made.”

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought it was an odd point to say he didn’t want to ruin youngsters by throwing them in as lambs to the slaughter, I guess White and Springett didn’t matter. 😄

“Q9: any regrets from last season? PW: I didn’t use academy enough, but I should have recruited better in January and it cost us. Admits this was his fault. I didn’t want to ruin young players by sending them out to be lambs to slaughter. -Very reflective on mistakes made.”

I don't know where you get that from, but it's not what was said. Watch it tomorrow, and stop spreading cobblers in the meanwhile.

White and Springett? What planet are you on? Those were players who had already been blooded, at higher levels or for a significant number of games. Their parent clubs, and Warne, considered them ready. Unlike our U21's who Warne considered to need more development.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where are you getting this stuff from? He never said that about not using the academy enough last season.

He said there was no-one who he thought was ready then and he didn't want them to suffer. 

Made specific reference to the player who got torn one by Man City winger in Papa John's last season, without mentioning names. (It was Oduroh. )

Says fringe players will be given a chance again in this season's Pizza Cup games (he didn't call it that!) 🙄 

21 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Warne was asked if he watches other games at the club. His response was "not enough".

It was his short-sighted view not to sign another forward, despite our 3rd choice returning to his parent club, and Warne having a preference to play 2 up front, leaving no other CF option on the bench for a number of games in the 2nd half of the season. I have no idea how anyone thought having Collins and McGoldrick as our only CF options was enough.

It was his opinion that the academy players weren't ready. Just like it was his opinion that Thompson was only ready for 190 minutes in the league last season (1 start) yet Rooney judged him to be good enough to play 1521 minutes in the league above the season before (19 starts). Cybulski, Aghatise, DRobinson, Bardell and Richards are all players who have had some first team exposure over the past couple of seasons and should have been utilised slightly more to lighten the load of our senior squad.

Which facts have I got wrong?

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Warne was asked if he watches other games at the club. His response was "not enough".

It was his short-sighted view not to sign another forward, despite our 3rd choice returning to his parent club, and Warne having a preference to play 2 up front, leaving no other CF option on the bench for a number of games in the 2nd half of the season. I have no idea how anyone thought having Collins and McGoldrick as our only CF options was enough.

It was his opinion that the academy players weren't ready. Just like it was his opinion that Thompson was only ready for 190 minutes in the league last season (1 start) yet Rooney judged him to be good enough to play 1521 minutes in the league above the season before (19 starts). Cybulski, Aghatise, DRobinson, Bardell and Richards are all players who have had some first team exposure over the past couple of seasons and should have been utilised slightly more to lighten the load of our senior squad.

Which facts have I got wrong?

I explained above! You got the words actually spoken wrong.

You're welcome to your opinions. You are not welcome to make up random garbage to support them.

5 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

PW also refrained from bitch-slapping the little gobshite who demanded rudely 'are you signing McGoldrick or what?'. My lad would have found himself dragged out by his ear to compose his letter of apology for that outburst.

It was just a kid, wasn't it? 

Couldn't see how old they were from my viewpoint.

1 hour ago, valakari said:

When Stephen Pearce was asked if he could have done anything better to stop us getting into the mess with FFP and administration..his answer was" we can't look back"..and the proceeded to talk about the way things are now...he was really uncomfortable with that question!.. wonder why??!!

He totally bottled that question and everyone in the room knew it. 

Telling that there were queues to talk and have photos with Warne, Waggy, Hourihane and Closes but Pearce was just stood like a lemon

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

He totally bottled that question and everyone in the room knew it. 

Telling that there were queues to talk and have photos with Warne, Waggy, Hourihane and Closes but Pearce was just stood like a lemon

I disagree.

He had made his statement at the beginning of the Forum and he must be very cautious about stating anything that would cause legal trouble for the Club.

There are a certain section of the fanbase that will never move on from using him as the scapegoat and are just looking to criticise him at every opportunity. It says more about them than it does about Pearce to be honest. 

12 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

A couple of updates from radio derby’s Dom Dietrich;

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0211.jpeg

Fair play Paul for being honest.

I think it was fairly obvious it was his fault and he passed up on many opportunities to sign players which may have contributed to missing out on the playoffs. But at least he had publicly owned it.

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I know you consider it to be obvious but isn't the use of the same word 3 times in the same passage a little gratituitous?

Obviously.

His post contributed a little more to the discussion than yours did though.

He made a valid point, you just picked the poster up on something bizarre tbf.

Trust me, we see you.

Bully Driving GIF by ABC Network

9 hours ago, MaltRam said:

I don't know where you get that from, but it's not what was said. Watch it tomorrow, and stop spreading cobblers in the meanwhile.

White and Springett? What planet are you on? Those were players who had already been blooded, at higher levels or for a significant number of games. Their parent clubs, and Warne, considered them ready. Unlike our U21's who Warne considered to need more development.

It was a quote from twitter from a journo that was there. As for White and Springett - why not Tommo who had to go on loan?

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

I disagree.

He had made his statement at the beginning of the Forum and he must be very cautious about stating anything that would cause legal trouble for the Club.

There are a certain section of the fanbase that will never move on from using him as the scapegoat and are just looking to criticise him at every opportunity. It says more about them than it does about Pearce to be honest. 

Well he comes across as Mr Teflon and that is the problem for some fans.

9 hours ago, angieram said:

Where are you getting this stuff from? He never said that about not using the academy enough last season.

He said there was no-one who he thought was ready then and he didn't want them to suffer. 

Made specific reference to the player who got torn one by Man City winger in Papa John's last season, without mentioning names. (It was Oduroh. )

Says fringe players will be given a chance again in this season's Pizza Cup games (he didn't call it that!) 🙄 

It was a tweet from someone - a journo - that was there. Lol to no-one who was ready. Tommo? As for youngsters White and Springett were deemed good enough though, another judgement call obvs. 

“Tim @Tim_Derbs

Q9: any regrets from last season? PW: I didn’t use academy enough, but I should have recruited better in January and it cost us. Admits this was his fault. I didn’t want to ruin young players by sending them out to be lambs to slaughter. -Very reflective on mistakes made.”

The comments were mine, the quotes differentiated the tweet.

Edited by RoyMac5

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Fair play Paul for being honest.

I think it was fairly obvious it was his fault and he passed up on many opportunities to sign players which may have contributed to missing out on the playoffs. But at least he had publicly owned it.

So how is that supposed to make us feel better.  It’s like a referee saying sorry I shouldn’t have sent him off I got it wrong.