Fan Forum (not this one)

Stive Pesley

On 01/09/2023 at 10:29, Stive Pesley said:

Can't see this mentioned (apologies if I missed a thread)

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/08/fans-forum-september-2023

Anyone going?

Doesn't sound like the owner will be there?

"The event will take place in one of the hospitality lounges at Pride Park Stadium on Tuesday 12th September.

The doors will open at 6pm for a 7pm start and a 9pm finish and the Fans Forum will be hosted by RamsTV’s Owen Bradley.

The event will begin with Chief Executive Officer Stephen Pearce and Men’s First Team Head Coach Paul Warne answering supporters’ questions, followed by interviews with two senior members of the first team squad."

Still hopefully there will be some interesting questions that Pearce can pass on.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"The event will take place in one of the hospitality lounges at Pride Park Stadium on Tuesday 12th September.

The doors will open at 6pm for a 7pm start and a 9pm finish and the Fans Forum will be hosted by RamsTV’s Owen Bradley.

The event will begin with Chief Executive Officer Stephen Pearce and Men’s First Team Head Coach Paul Warne answering supporters’ questions, followed by interviews with two senior members of the first team squad."

Still hopefully there will be some interesting questions that Pearce can pass on.

If you were the owner would you want to go !

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne will be there at least, so if there are fans on here who are attending is there one amongst you who feels bold enough to express the growing concerns of some people directly to the man who can in theory change it? 

Based on the more constructive comments I read from those doubting Warne it would be something along the lines of “there is a growing concern among some fans that we don’t seem willing or able to control games, there’s no apparent plan or ability to retain possession, we would like to see a Derby side that goes into games believing they are favourites as per the assumed/perceived status of the club and as such play with confidence and dominate the opposition on the front foot.”

I don’t get why that’s not something raised at these fan forums, in the right way, given there are a growing number who seem to feel that way (though I’m not one that number just yet). Some of the questions asked/points raised at previous fan events have been interesting and constructive, others I can recall being genuinely baffled by. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'll be very interested to see how much of a tough ride Pearce gets here.

I've seen him at previous fan forums going back to the Sam Rush days and he seems a pretty quiet guy - doesn't come across as having the same self-confidence of people like Rush and MM and Clowes. 

I think there are a lot of people who might question why he's still here

57 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne will be there at least, so if there are fans on here who are attending is there one amongst you who feels bold enough to express the growing concerns of some people directly to the man who can in theory change it? 

Based on the more constructive comments I read from those doubting Warne it would be something along the lines of “there is a growing concern among some fans that we don’t seem willing or able to control games, there’s no apparent plan or ability to retain possession, we would like to see a Derby side that goes into games believing they are favourites as per the assumed/perceived status of the club and as such play with confidence and dominate the opposition on the front foot.”

I don’t get why that’s not something raised at these fan forums, in the right way, given there are a growing number who seem to feel that way (though I’m not one that number just yet). Some of the questions asked/points raised at previous fan events have been interesting and constructive, others I can recall being genuinely baffled by. 

Those supporters unable to attend the Fans Forum are invited to submit questions for consideration via the club’s Supporter Liaison Officer by emailing SLO@dcfc.co.uk.

You could email it in, of course they could filter it out but worth a try.

Just now, NottsRam said:

Those supporters unable to attend the Fans Forum are invited to submit questions for consideration via the club’s Supporter Liaison Officer by emailing SLO@dcfc.co.uk.

You could email it in, of course they could filter it out but worth a try.

That’s good to know, thank you for sharing.

It’s not my point to make as such. I’m still sat on my rickety fence, and am looking to encourage the others who do feel more strongly about the direction of the team to do make their points known to the people in charge. There’s a lot of these binary stances/circular arguments on the forum at the moment, understandably so with some of the performances this season and a lack of transfer speculation and club football for the next couple of weeks. Seems a logical solution for some people who do have strong feelings to communicate them to the club where there is an opportunity to do so in a direct manner. 
Booing the team off is one way of expressing that concern as happened at some games, but it lacks the nuance needed to properly articulate one’s points. 

25 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I'll be very interested to see how much of a tough ride Pearce gets here.

I've seen him at previous fan forums going back to the Sam Rush days and he seems a pretty quiet guy - doesn't come across as having the same self-confidence of people like Rush and MM and Clowes

I think there are a lot of people who might question why he's still here

And yet as you say he's still here.

I'm starting to wonder how much sway his views hold and how much is tail-wagging the dog. I guess I reconsidered the Warne appointment process and wonder if 'tapping up' went on. Whilst Mel and the EFL got the blame for the failure of the 'cleverness' of our accounting model who I wonder suggested it as a new approach? Is Pearce the real power behind the throne?