Fan Forum (not this one)

Stive Pesley

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

.....our budget is not in any way constrained by the EFL. We are working within our own business plan. Which concerned me a little bit in that it means we can't expect any more spending next season if we are still in this division  

Why do you find that concerning?

That Clowes has set a business plan that dictates there be no spending on transfers?

Which I guess makes it even less likely that Warne will get bulleted and pay off his contract.

14 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Just watched the first part of the forum. 

To say that the U21s game only finished a few hours before the forum and he couldn’t even remember the score line along with not knowing the name of the player who’d just scored a hatrick is disrespectful to all of the academy. The only players he made reference to was his own first team players that played in that game. 

I remember Lampard not remembering the name of one of the young goalkeepers in the u21s at the time.

Very poor.

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I would imagine Morris was a force of nature and not easily advised. The only option open to Pearce was possibly to resign in protest. That perhaps is the only charge I would make against him, that he could have left and didn't. 

All this, from both of us, is supposition however and I'm not going to condemn him based on that. 

I’m open to this being the case, but if so I’d still expect a shred of accountability for being in some way responsible for almost killing our football club. 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I really enjoyed the part with Waggy and Hourihane. As you say it was funny and insightful, and my opinion of Hourihane has definitely improved after listening to him talk. 

Hourihane always speaks well. I’d suggest listening to him on the Not The Top 20 Podcast. Starts around the 1 hour 34 minute mark:

https://spotify.link/5IZFxCZS8Cb

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/four-new-managers-weekend-recap-conor-hourihane-interview/id1112915286?i=1000597293478

On 14/09/2023 at 23:20, Stive Pesley said:

I don't actually remember there being any players at the other fan forums I've been to before - it's usually managers, owners and chief execs. Which I prefer - Waggy and Connor were pretty boring to be honest. The questions weren't great and they were just in their media training comfort zones giving bland non-controversial answers in the main. Warne was the only one ad-libbing

So maybe that is why people were having pics taken with Sam Rush, rather than people actually being interested in the CEO?