Fan Forum (not this one)

Stive Pesley

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Doesn't sound like the owner will be there?

"The event will take place in one of the hospitality lounges at Pride Park Stadium on Tuesday 12th September.

The doors will open at 6pm for a 7pm start and a 9pm finish and the Fans Forum will be hosted by RamsTV’s Owen Bradley.

The event will begin with Chief Executive Officer Stephen Pearce and Men’s First Team Head Coach Paul Warne answering supporters’ questions, followed by interviews with two senior members of the first team squad."

Still hopefully there will be some interesting questions that Pearce can pass on.

Dear SLO,

Will the entertainment include men's first team coach Paul warne and sonny Bradley being put into stocks whilst @RoyMac5and @Millenniumramtthrow rotten tomatoes at them?

Will the entertainment also then feature PW and SB having a chance to throw some tomatoes back at them?

I feel that should this be offered the potential ramstv revenue of the event could be a lot more lucrative.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Dear SLO,

Will the entertainment include men's first team coach Paul warne and sonny Bradley being put into stocks whilst @RoyMac5and @Millenniumramtthrow rotten tomatoes at them?

Will the entertainment also then feature PW and SB having a chance to throw some tomatoes back at them?

I feel that should this be offered the potential ramstv revenue of the event could be a lot more lucrative.

Unfortunately Clowes can't afford to pay us for that entertainment. So Warne will be doing stand-up instead. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam said:

Those supporters unable to attend the Fans Forum are invited to submit questions for consideration via the club’s Supporter Liaison Officer by emailing SLO@dcfc.co.uk.

You could email it in, of course they could filter it out but worth a try.

Thanks for the heads up mate. Just to say, no full stop at end of email address 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That’s good to know, thank you for sharing.

It’s not my point to make as such. I’m still sat on my rickety fence, and am looking to encourage the others who do feel more strongly about the direction of the team to do make their points known to the people in charge. There’s a lot of these binary stances/circular arguments on the forum at the moment, understandably so with some of the performances this season and a lack of transfer speculation and club football for the next couple of weeks. Seems a logical solution for some people who do have strong feelings to communicate them to the club where there is an opportunity to do so in a direct manner. 
Booing the team off is one way of expressing that concern as happened at some games, but it lacks the nuance needed to properly articulate one’s points. 

It's one thing venting on these message boards, will be interesting to see if anyone raises their concerns on the night.  Very eloquently put by the way, whether it is your opinion or not.

1 minute ago, NottsRam said:

It's one thing venting on these message boards, will be interesting to see if anyone raises their concerns on the night.  Very eloquently put by the way, whether it is your opinion or not.

Indeed. I get this is a space for opinions and views to be shared, discussed, contested and ridiculed, that’s partly why I’ve made more effort not to comment directly on some of the posts I disagree with. Sort of a, “you know what? If that’s how you feel fair enough” attitude.

I want to be able to come on here and have constructive conversations with other rams fans about the club, and at the minute there’s a lot of people expressing their concerns with Warne and what he’s doing….so they should tell him! This is their chance, I’ve read it a thousand times on several hundred threads, put those thoughts into a coherent and constructive piece then tell the man himself. Might not change it, but it’s potentially a better solution than telling all of us over and over again right? 

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

You'd get about 15 seconds into such a question before they threw a blanket over you like a budgie in its cage, however reasonable you tried to be with it.

Then whichever brave soul is willing to articulate it needs to use their 15 seconds effectively. Alternatively use the email option provided.

I don’t see the point in dismissing an opportunity for someone to directly address their concerns with a particular party in any walk of life. Focus on the solution, not the problem, if a fan isn’t happy with Warne or the club, this is your chance to air that to them. Seems logical to me to at least attempt to do so. They’re better placed to hear and address those concerns than anyone on here is.

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"All supporters will be able to view the Fans Forum on dcfc.co.uk the following day."

Looks like the editing team are quicker than when they were when our Forum was represented at the charter meetings in the past. I’m a little disappointed David Clowes isn’t going, it will be full of supporters wanting to thank him I’m sure. But maybe that’s the reason? Nobody wants a sore back from all the slapping.

p.s.  can we stoke up Mel’s concourse heaters in the winter midweek games yet? If not, please make sure the west stand heaters don’t work too or the East Stand massive will uprise!😂

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst Mel and the EFL got the blame for the failure of the 'cleverness' of our accounting model who I wonder suggested it as a new approach? Is Pearce the real power behind the throne?

I was at the Fan Forum at the Odeon Cinema in the Intu a few seasons back - there was Frank Lampard, MM and Pearce. I vividly recall MM smugly explaining lots of ways that they could (and would) game the FFP rules and Pearce was sat there nodding and grinning throughout. Should ask Pearce how that worked out for us...

57 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I was at the Fan Forum at the Odeon Cinema in the Intu a few seasons back - there was Frank Lampard, MM and Pearce. I vividly recall MM smugly explaining lots of ways that they could (and would) game the FFP rules and Pearce was sat there nodding and grinning throughout. Should ask Pearce how that worked out for us...

I was there too, I don’t recall that, was it recorded?

20 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, it's my business and I'd want to make sure it was heading in the right direction.

And the forum is the measure of the right direction? One part of a bigger picture I think me ode. It feel like 'fan management' is a thing in their strategy but DC is the Chairman and that's for others to sort out.