Jonson Clarke-Harris

DCFC1388

Surprised he's still at Posh, would have expected several suitors to have made a move before now. Shows the state of the market if no championship side will gamble a couple of million on him. 

I know his contract is running down and their model is to move people out whilst they can get a fee, but they would be crazy to sell to a top team in this division let alone loan him to one.

If we somehow pull this off then we will have worked something very creative out, and exploited their desperation to get anything for him. Small fee up front maybe, and some hefty add ons based on him scoring goals and us getting promoted. 

The other option would be some sort of swap, maybe Sibley? Both in similar contract situations. 

I really can't see it but stranger things have happened. 

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

On the other, I did hope that our new ownership model would show a little more creativity in the transfer market than signing the top goalscorer from the previous season.

Not Ambitious enough? 🙂

Normally I'd be more excited about a young player with potential - I've often said we should be sniffing around young premier league cast offs with a point to prove - but right now we need immediate results not potential and this guy's has shown over the last 3 years he can score goals - and (for me) would be an excellent 9 to Waggys 10

10 hours ago, BLB said:

Just wonder if this is where all the budget is which Clowes banged on about

We've bought in a load of players already who would have been on Championship contracts last season - that's going to use up budget 

8 hours ago, inter politics said:

We'll see. Perhaps we have kept our powder dry knowing the JCH sale will go to the wire.

Could potentially fit a narrative if you go looking for clues.
Warne said he wanted someone earlier in the window who’s holding out for a move to the champ, could be JCH. Some people have questioned where the money from Bielik and Knight has gone, is it sat in a ram shaped piggy bank (bought with discount from the club shop) on Mr Clowes’ desk with a sticky note marked JCH stuck on the side? Warne said he didn’t have a “Waggy” in his budget, is that because the wages were earmarked for JCH? He’s a former Warne player and there was definite post match neck sniffing on Sat as I observed in the match day thread.
I mean, it’s probably not happening and we’ll sign an unknown premier league loanee but it’s fun to speculate wildly on deadline day stuff 😊 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Wouldn't want to spend  much on him, only way i'd want this is with some kind of creative deal with little up front, but not sure why Posh would get rid on that basis. Pulling this number out of nowhere, but if we did chuck a million at it, that would be crazy in my opinion. We could have had 3 players for that, rather than 1 29 year old striker.

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

How long does he have left on his contract?

Also where has the fee of a couple of million come from? Perhaps if Peterborough are becoming desperate to not lose him for free and there’s not the interest they expected, it might be a much smaller fee than most expect. 

In his last year of his contract and not signing another one at Peterborough - exactly the same situation as we had with knight and have with Bird and Cashin - he is much cheaper in January and free in the summer - Peterborough put everyone on the transfer list if they reach the last year of their contract because they can’t afford to watch them leave for nothing. I think that’s the same with the defender they have who is decent (knight I think)

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

How long does he have left on his contract?

Also where has the fee of a couple of million come from? Perhaps if Peterborough are becoming desperate to not lose him for free and there’s not the interest they expected, it might be a much smaller fee than most expect. 

So we're saying... this could be the move which restores balance to the universe after Jack Marriott?

38 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

In his last year of his contract and not signing another one at Peterborough - exactly the same situation as we had with knight and have with Bird and Cashin - he is much cheaper in January and free in the summer - Peterborough put everyone on the transfer list if they reach the last year of their contract because they can’t afford to watch them leave for nothing. I think that’s the same with the defender they have who is decent (knight I think)

Not quite the same, we would get decent compo in summer, they get nothing.

I did have a look on Bristol Rovers' forum and a few different people were of the opinion that we had come to the table late, which was prior to Witcoop annoucement. It's his mrs who lives in Bristol and which is why he wants to move down there (apparently). They have 50 page thread about him - small-time compared to our 500 page one about George Thorne!