Jonson Clarke-Harris

DCFC1388

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I did have a look on Bristol Rovers' forum and a few different people were of the opinion that we had come to the table late, which was prior to Witcoop annoucement. It's his mrs who lives in Bristol and which is why he wants to move down there (apparently). They have 50 page thread about him - small-time compared to our 500 page one about George Thorne! 

Well the missus usually wins!

1 minute ago, dcfcjj said:

Just really can’t see us getting him. Rovers have the money, we don’t. Selling Collins wouldnt make up enough funds surely. 

I don't think we could sell Collins, to be honest. 

We picked him up on a free because we could pick up his contract, presumably one with quite a healthy salary. The only way Collins moves on is on a free - Shrewsbury may even need us to pick up some of his contact for them too. 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't think we could sell Collins, to be honest. 

We picked him up on a free because we could pick up his contract, presumably one with quite a healthy salary. The only way Collins moves on is on a free - Shrewsbury may even need us to pick up some of his contact for them too. 

Exactly this, who is going to take Collins who can afford him when he’s one of our highest earners? 

Not read all of this thread - but I think Bristol Rovers may have a sell-on clause which essentially means they can buy him at a discounted price.

Thought he looked very, very decent on Saturday but he's a big unit - much bigger then a few years ago........I'd be worried about mobility in a couple of years but would take his goals this year to take us up.

In Big Trav we trust.

4 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Not read all of this thread - but I think Bristol Rovers may have a sell-on clause which essentially means they can buy him at a discounted price.

Thought he looked very, very decent on Saturday but he's a big unit - much bigger then a few years ago........I'd be worried about mobility in a couple of years but would take his goals this year to take us up.

In Big Trav we trust.

Bristol fans have been saying stuff like that. I’ve read they have a sell on clause so will get him cheaper and also read some Bristol fans saying they’re still owed money for him from posh so they can get him cheaper. Posh owner Daragh Macanthony rubbished all of it last night on twitter 

The biggest thing for me here, regardless if we or Bristol sign him, this significantly weakens an fellow promotion contender. Whatever happens it's a win for us, double win if we get him for a reasonable price.

As already said, he's 6 years junior to McGoldrick, Kane just moved for £100m at a similar age. Looking at us, we paid multi millions for an older Jerome and Nugent. Someone out there will drop good money on a striker in their early 30s if they want them. 

He's not exactly the type of high energy, high pressing forward that Warne seems favour, but you can't argue with his goals record at this level can you.

I'm not as against spending ~£1m on a 29-year old as some people seem to be, as long as it's for the right player.

The aim of the game is promotion after all and it's not like we've been paying transfer fees for any other 29+ year olds so I really don't see the comparison to our former ownership regime.

I don't see this happening, but at least it's going to potentially provide some "deadline day drama" for everybody.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He scored 26 goals in this division last season. Exactly what we need to get out of this league.

If he scored 26 and McGoldrick 24 in the division last season it tells me that a well balanced team is more likely what is needed to get out of the league. How many league goals did Plymouth’s top scorer get?