Match Thread: vs Bolton (A)

Rampant

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We were absolutely honking for most of the Cocu/Rooney season.

Definitely wasn't as bad as watching this. We might have got beaten a lot but there were at least moments of decent football. This is just crap. 

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Tbf plenty of us were looking at these 2 fixtures with trepidation.

Last week gave us surprising hope, but this week seems to be reversion to exactly what a number of forum members feared....

It's not a fear. It's forum members pointing out what's happening on the pitch, which at the end of the day is all that matters.

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

From very close within the club. 

TBH, it’s not a rumour it’s true. Not remotely interested and would rather not have CAT 1 and spend money on the first team. 

The new academy director literally said in his club interview earlier this week that he and his staff have weekly meetings with Paul Warne to discuss the academy players, unless he was blatantly lying? 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Tbf plenty of us were looking at these 2 fixtures with trepidation.

Last week gave us surprising hope, but this week seems to be reversion to exactly what a number of forum members feared....

I think we could accept losing as it’s expected in football but we don’t even look like we’re in the same division. 

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

People weren’t happy under Rosenior ‘it’s too slow, too boring and we pass too much’ now we have Warne ‘awful football, can’t pass, hoofball’. What will it take for people to be happy? 

At least Roseniors aims and ideas were obvious ? At least we had a hope that with more coaching things would improve ?

I just can’t see this improving under Warne.

2 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Yeah but be beat Peterborough last week so today doesn't count. Apparently.

Today does count, but seemingly for some the mitigation around today is irrelevant? 
I get that Warne is seemingly limited and there are growing concerns on that basis, but surely some of the circumstances around todays game in isolation should be considered? A changed lineup due to injury and transfer speculation. A nasty injury early on changing things further. Poor officiating. A red card early in the second half meaning we play pretty much half the match against one of the better sides in the division with 10 men. And yet for all the misery it’s not been a complete hammering on the scoreline. 
Yes there’s a lot to be worked on, but for me today is just one of those rubbish days and it’s onto the next. 

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

The new academy director literally said in his club interview earlier this week that he and his staff have weekly meetings with Paul Warne to discuss the academy players, unless he was blatantly lying? 

Doesn’t mean he’s going to play them. We could have a team meeting about me farting in lifts. Doesn’t mean the next time I get in a lift I don’t let one rip 

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

People weren’t happy under Rosenior ‘it’s too slow, too boring and we pass too much’ now we have Warne ‘awful football, can’t pass, hoofball’. What will it take for people to be happy? 

Liams style of play was an awful lot of foreplay with limited penetration.

Warnes style of play is inexperienced, enthusiastic young’un stabbing it everywhere and only hitting poop chute.

Edited by 8Leeds

Just now, Heisenberg said:

Of course you’re going to have meetings but it doesn’t change the fact he’s not interested in the academy. 

If somebody can confirm which game he’s attended we can quash these rumours can’t we. 

Not thrilled about how we set up this game, Bolton are a side that like to control the ball and that’s fine, but we’ve really not done ourselves any favours in this game. 

The mistakes and naive football is synonymous with the Paul Warne experiment at Derby County. The more games we have like this, the more I yearn for the 0-0 draw against Shrewsbury where Cashin is making 140 passes under Rosenior. It was another extreme, but out of the two I at least like to watch our players on the ball.