Tyreece John-Jules

McMuffin

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

I seem to remember someone from the club saying that the rams medical team had managed to get to the bottom of the long term issues that he’d been suffering with - if that’s true then the season ending injury may just have been a case of us being desperate for a striker and rushing him back and him being over keen to show what he could do. He may not be quite such a risk if he can get a ‘Warne’ full preseason under his belt….

Good point, but for me hes still too bigger risk because of his past record over the last few seasons.

57 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

We all know how this works , DCFC sign him plays a couple of games scores , does well then gets injured and hardly plays again. 
Another team signs him , stays fit , scores loads of goals against Derby , gets sold for 50 Mill and plays for England 

Fixed that for you. ❤️ 

4 hours ago, Srg said:

You've basically explained what a pay as you play deal is these days. Low weekly wage, big bonuses on appearances/minutes.

Jordon Ibe was on one of those wasn't he?

Still torn on this. I've probably seen too many players come with expectations and then spend their Derby life on the treatment table, so gambling on a player with a history of injury seems a bit of anathema to me.

But.

23 still has years to develop, including physically. Offers an option, when fit, that could trouble Championship defenses, plus we need players. If the deal is right then yes, with forwards so expensive and us needing several then it could be a good deal if we can get one a little cheaper.

1 year deal, nothing lost really.

There's definitely a championship player there if we can get and keep him fit. 

All I would say is be aware of his injury record and make sure that is factored in, he can't be recruited as first choice striker. I'd want 2 more strikers in aswell to ensdure we don't get caught short again.

I agree with the sentiments of offering him a years contract to prove his fitness. He seems like a good lad who has the raw talent to do well in the championship. If stays fit he would be a fantastic addition to the sqaud.

21 hours ago, Rample said:

1 year deal, nothing lost really.

There's definitely a championship player there if we can get and keep him fit. 

All I would say is be aware of his injury record and make sure that is factored in, he can't be recruited as first choice striker. I'd want 2 more strikers in aswell to ensdure we don't get caught short again.

Except for a place in the squad and his wages that could be offered to someone else.

2 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Wearing his rams shirt because he’s desperate to join! If we are wanting an athletic, physical squad next year we shouldn’t be going anywhere near him! 

But if we want a young, hungry striker with a point to prove then he’s a great shout.

None of us have a crystal ball to tell the future. Yes, we know that he is an injury risk based on his history, but there is also the chance that he could get some important goals for us.