So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

The personnel we have right now would suit a 4231 or 433 formation, get a manager that plays that way to avoid having to bring more players in and have an even bigger transitional period.

Carsley would be a good candidate as would Beale. I also have a feeling that Ian Holloway would prove to be a good fit, I don’t know why. 

We need to find an identity as a club, stick to a style of football that the fans enjoy, that’s fed down all the way to youth level and any appointments, players or managers, must meet that style. Would serve us better long term and also help keep cost down.

4 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Eustace or Carsley

Who have how many promotions between them from League 1?

They 'may' do great, but it's still a massive gamble.

Really lacklustre first half.

Better start to the 2nd half and then we massively faded. Quite a few players were poor, which is also worrying. Fornah was off the pace. I also thought Sibley was particularly disappointing at times. Just looked so slow and didn't cover back well either.

For me, all the moaning about the style of hoof football is fairly irrelevant (and inaccurate at times) but a couple more of those limp performances and we will slip away from the play off picture and I'd start to agree it's worth taking the gamble. 

At the moment in Clowes' shoes I wouldn't be considering it. But I dont know the details of what's happening in the club so I trust him to make the right decision.

The narrative is he doesn't know what to do with 'ball players' and yesterday I agree it looked that way. Home performances now need to turn asap or he will be really up against it.

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

The narrative is he doesn't know what to do with 'ball players' and yesterday I agree it looked that way. Home performances now need to turn asap or he will be really up against it.

But you have to question if he really knows what to do with players? When he brought Bradley on with 3 minutes to go it was obviously to play him up front, but why not give him 15 minutes? When he had youngsters on the bench in the pizza cup and didn't bring them on at 2-0 because he was going to bring them on at 3-0, not how the game was going per se just at a scoreline. Lots of his tactical decision making process can be questioned, not just with 'ball players', but they were a couple of recent occasions. 

I wonder how much cash we actually have to replace Warne if Clowes makes that decision, could we only have the money for a Warnock type to get us up, then look again, depends on how much Clowes can/wants to spend, as Warne and his backroom staff will cost a bit to get rid off, or do we take a chance on a unknown manager, think Eustace will be out of our price range, and will he be the one to get us playing free flowing football, not a easy decision to make, but obviously i don't know our financial state of play. 

15 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Would be happy with any of Eustace, McClaren, Wilder, Rowett, Warnock. All very different, but doesn't matter as Warne isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

Hopefully we’ll all get a decent Christmas present,even better an early one.

On 21/10/2023 at 21:33, BaaLocks said:

I have a friend who is a very close friend of Eustace, I can say with certainty he would come if offered. Likes the club and would like to be part of the rebuild. Of course, that's not to say he's even been spoken to about it but after today I have to say I've joined the Warne out brigade. For a club of our size and with our resources that was really poor.

Not quite sure whether the clamour for Eustace is due to the fact that he was briefly a Rams player, or because he's done reasonably OK at Birmingham City?

I would imagine (and it's highly unlikely) if he did come to DCFC some time soon, we would at best be looking at this time next season for any signs of being a top six team. 

Just now, IslandExile said:

Chris Powell is now assistant manager at Sheffield Wednesday.

We probably should have shifted the P.E teacher out earlier then and sent him off to the John Beck retirement home.  I hear there's room on the Cowley brothers wing.  Portsmouth doing OK since they went down that route I see.

On 21/10/2023 at 20:33, NottsRam77 said:

So bit limited really arnt we 

We are limited in our knowledge over who is available and who we could tempt. 

I’d be surprised if CVS didn’t arrive in their absolute tens if the job became available but as fans it isn’t really our job to know every manager who’s available and could improve us. That’s our owner and his boards job.