Warne’s contract

Poynton ram

First of all I am not suggesting Warne is sacked after 2games. However the view seems to be that if he is sacked the club will have to pay up his and his team’s 4 year contract. Surely there must be something in his contract linked to performance that allows the club to terminate early without compensation? DC is a shrewd businessman so I would have expected there to be something in the t & cs that limits a payoff? 

As contracts are a private matter and negotiated by experienced people there will be lots of ifs and buts in them, You're post could be right, Then again it could be wrong concerning "a pay off", As Clowes was doing the chasing I'd have thought the wording would have been in PWs favour.

A useless fact, Heavy metal band Motorhead had it in their contracts that at every gig there would be a jar of Jelly Beans for each member of the band 😁

6 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

As contracts are a private matter and negotiated by experienced people there will be lots of ifs and buts in them, You're post could be right, Then again it could be wrong concerning "a pay off", As Clowes was doing the chasing I'd have thought the wording would have been in PWs favour.

A useless fact, Heavy metal band Motorhead had it in their contracts that at every gig there would be a jar of Jelly Beans for each member of the band 😁

As useless as that fact is, I strongly suspect it will prove to be the only fact stated within this thread, as the rest of it is going to be very heavily influenced by supposition and speculation!  👀

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

As useless as that fact is, I strongly suspect it will prove to be the only fact stated within this thread, as the rest of it is going to be very heavily influenced by supposition and speculation!  👀

probably coffee and coffee machine in Paul Warne’s case

27 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

First of all I am not suggesting Warne is sacked after 2games. However the view seems to be that if he is sacked the club will have to pay up his and his team’s 4 year contract. Surely there must be something in his contract linked to performance that allows the club to terminate early without compensation? DC is a shrewd businessman so I would have expected there to be something in the t & cs that limits a payoff? 

Maybe there's a gardening leave clause? 😄

26 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Pretty much like every other thread ever then. At least we're consistent.

8 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

Pretty much like every other thread ever then. At least we're consistent.

Really?

There's plenty of facts bandied about on various threads.  And absolute masses of opinion.  But this one is gonna be 100% pure guesswork, no?  🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

A bit naive me 'ode. I'd imagine there's a settlement / cancellation clause - probably is in most Manager contracts these days.

Yep i'm pretty sure I heard on that podcast with Warne & Karl Robinson that the majority of manager contracts have a termination clause for 12 months pay , even if there were longer than that remaining on the contract.

Presumably a manager cannot sign for another club, and claim full settlement of his terminated contract. There has to be some settlement agreed relating to the termination. I can’t imagine any young manager wanting to be out of management for 3 years, even though they might still be getting paid by their former employer.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Think it’s a myth that managers get paid for their remaining contracts. They’re paid off inevitably but normally it’s a settlement. 

Isn’t it dependent on whether they get another job?

It’s a case of managers receive a settlement which gives them the ability to be hired elsewhere, or they don’t and they have to wait out the period until getting another managerial job.

1 hour ago, littleover ram said:

We tried getting out of Keogh’s contract on gross misconduct and it backfired 

No Mel Morris misguidedly tried to sack Keogh after he attempted to force him to take a pay cut after learning he was going to be out of action for a prolonged period owing to an injury which he incurred in the aftermath of the infamous team bonding night out. 

You can't just arbitrarily vary a person's fixed contract without their consent which am assuming Morris understands now. 

4 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

No manager, who is being headhunted by a club, is going to allow them to put in a clause in to allow said club to terminate their contract with no financial penalty. 

Typically, there is a negotiation on the payout, some clubs will continue to keep them manager on the payroll and wait for him to take another job to free him of his contract. It’s a murky world. 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Isn’t it dependent on whether they get another job?

It’s a case of managers receive a settlement which gives them the ability to be hired elsewhere, or they don’t and they have to wait out the period until getting another managerial job.

Ish. You might say I’ll give you 10 months pay to terminate it now and you can go and work a job as soon as a suitable opportunity arises or you can say right I’ll pay you your full contract but you won’t work again for 3 years…