Is Warne living on borrowed time?

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Funny how everyone picks from March (start of our worst period of form) to provide these numbers from. Laughably predictable. Why is March the random arbitrary starting point? 

Because since March we’ve been almost in relegation form which is around 3/4 months.  Go from April if it makes you feel more just? 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Funny how everyone picks from March (start of our worst period of form) to provide these numbers from. Laughably predictable. Why is March the random arbitrary starting point? 

Honestly think if someone said the grass was green on here you'd call it laughable because there's so many shades of green 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Honestly think if someone said the grass was green on here you'd call it laughable because there's so many shades of green 

I’m beginning to think he might actually be Paul Warne. Or his dad maybe.

Remember that guy who turned out to be Bryson’s father in law or something? Hated McClaren he did

Warne has owned it more tonight in his post match interview on radio Derby. Deflected questions on individuals to focus on the team, said it’s on the collective for performances and him for getting the formation and the tactics wrong. Slight implication that he’s going to/may have to change things on the weekend. Worryingly said 3 injuries to assess (Bird, Ward and Wilson)
Let’s see you find a solution Warne!

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

The difference there is we were being embarrassed by Adebayor, Dempsey, Ronaldo, Petrov etc. 

The OP mentioned 3 of the worst performances at home in the past 50 years were under PW.

And I said I recall equally poor home performances under PJ to compare and contrast. 

Don't understand your point? Unless Adebayor, Petrov etc ever played in League 1. 

Compare apples with apples. We have a league 1 squad playing in League 1. 

2 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

Because he’s been unable to turn around the slump in form. That’s more than a third of a season 

Except if you move the beginning point to a later period the numbers immediately look better, implying that he did turn around the slump. It also doesn't take into account any context. 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Shouldn't you be attacking our players before they come on the pitch? RE Waghorn. Now THAT is laughable. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne has owned it more tonight in his post match interview on radio Derby. Deflected questions on individuals to focus on the team, said it’s on the collective for performances and him for getting the formation and the tactics wrong. Slight implication that he’s going to/may have to change things on the weekend. Worryingly said 3 injuries to assess (Bird, Ward and Wilson)
Let’s see you find a solution Warne!

He also went off on one about "yeah but it we scored a goal things would have been different" etc.

We didn't. He was trying to crack jokes.

Just now, Andicis said:

Shouldn't you be attacking our players before they come on the pitch? RE Waghorn. Now THAT is laughable. 

You’re right I should have expected someone who has scored about as many goals as Eiran Cashin in the last two years to come on and do that - give over 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

What I can’t fathom is from last season he said he wanted pace and hasn’t addressed it. He says tonight he needs pace and hasn’t addressed it. 

EXACTLY

the club has completely contradicted the managers plans whether thats the managers choice or not i dont think it matters its a massive failure from the club.

and guess what because of the profile of players we are constantly signing we have ANOTHER rebuild to do next summer 

if we took a sensible approach the minute we were relegated we would be on an upwards curve and building something

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

You’re right I should have expected someone who has scored about as many goals as Eiran Cashin in the last two years to come on and do that - give over 

Maybe you should have given him a bloody chance is the exact point. 

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You know when I got called out for not being able to provide names of anyone on here who openly wanted PW sacked? 

I'd say tonight has focussed a LOT of minds from being unhappy with his performance but hoping it improves to losing hope that it will improve.

I still don't WANT him sacked but bloody hell he's making it hard to support him showing zero signs of progression in his managerial abilities, which is what those of us who were concerned about him last season were won around somewhat by prospect of.

I was even pleased toward the end of last season that he HAD shown these signs of improvement but honestly, he's going backward at a rate of knots and seem to have thrown everything he should have learned from last season in the bin.

18 minutes ago, Derbados said:

This. I don’t get it at all. He specifically said he wanted players in the 22-27 age bracket with pace, power and athleticism, goes and signs a load over 30’s? eh? 

I think the transfer window has been abysmal overall, the lack of attacking signings in abundantly obvious to all and sundry 

Clowes hired him for 1 reason - promotion to the Championship. It's why I feel Warne has opted for a more short term view this summer. Why would he recruit players with a long term view if it reduces the chances of him staying in the job.

I made this point a while back. I cant remember if it was in relation to Clowes or Mad Mel though. Owners rarely get their first appointment right. It takes time for them to understand the ins and outs of everything required in the role at that specific club. Hopefully Clowes will get it right next time.

We’ve gone through managers at an incredible rate this past decade and it’s never worked out. I feel like right now you have to hope this is just a new team that’s struggling to gel in a new system.

Don’t agree with the booing and calls for a sacking this early on in the season. 

I think the reality is that Warne won’t be going any time soon due to the financial situation and his track record

Can imagine he’ll be given until the end of this season. Maybe he’s the Nigel Clough type and we’ll need another manager to push what he’s building forwards? If that ends up being the case, I’ll be fine with it

I personally believe you need a period of stability in safe hands before you can have a period of long term success

However, I can at least understand why you’d want him out. That was an extremely bad performance, unusually poor even for this early in the season and the first few games have been eye opening as to where we’re at. Three promotions with Rotherham doesn’t count for any points and we look bereft of confidence.

I think it’s tough to say he’s he bad transfer windows due to the embargo’s but January wasn’t great, McGoldrick leaving looks bad and we look like we’ve completely failed to improve the squads obvious lack of physicality. Washington, Waghorn and Collins sounds horribly one paced.

Desperately need:

1. Sibley back

2. Athletic signing up top, whether that’s a big lad or a quick lad

3. Another creative midfielder

Can’t see us getting the quality we need anywhere else other than through loan signings, which is kind of praying for a couple of miracles.

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Because since March we’ve been almost in relegation form which is around 3/4 months.  Go from April if it makes you feel more just? 

And if you do that, unsurprisingly the numbers look better and not "relegation form". 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses. Losses to Wigan, Oxford, Ipswich and Wednesday. The end of last season wasn't that bad.