Martyn Waghorn - signed a 1-year deal

trekkie_ram

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Waggy is better than what we have uptop. Might not be the most exciting signing but We wasnt exactly excited about signing McGoldrick at the time.

Im Hoping that the drop in league & the chances we miss waggy might score a decent amount in this league

He must’ve been sat in the stands thinking I can offer more than this for sure.

He can and will once he’s fit and fully integrated. The bloke has played an higher level all his career, he will make a difference; don’t get the doubters.

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

He must’ve been sat in the stands thinking I can offer more than this for sure.

He can and will once he’s fit and fully integrated. The bloke has played an higher level all his career, he will make a difference; don’t get the doubters.

I do think he will suit that 10 role well cutting inside and allowing more space for the RWB

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Decent squad option, but he’s not the answer to what we’re missing right now. 

None of us know if he's the answer or not but in a few months we will. Throughout the game today I wished that Waghorn was playing in NML's role. That's nothing against Nathaniel but Waghorn has proved throughout his career he is more suited to it.

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

None of us know if he's the answer or not but in a few months we will. Throughout the game today I wished that Waghorn was playing in NML's role. That's nothing against Nathaniel but Waghorn has proved throughout his career he is more suited to it.

We need pace, both at the top end and in the middle. He doesn’t bring that. So, as I said, decent squad option, but he’s not going to be the missing piece. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

We need pace, both at the top end and in the middle. He doesn’t bring that. So, as I said, decent squad option, but he’s not going to be the missing piece. 

Okay Nostradamus 😄

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What he didn't know before now? Blackpool didn't up their offer then do you think?

I hate being cynical, but perhaps he gauged the strength  of the attack and as someone else said, knew he was a mile better. 

His negotiating position is we need him more than we he needs us.  Last contract so needs to get all the money he can, as to all intents and purposes needs to last the rest of his life.  

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Waghorn isn’t the answer. We need a central midfielder who is a bit adventurous. Wigan’s Land stood out for me…. Probably went for our defence today!

Agree about the midfield. Thing is their no9 stayed central most of the game, because he had service.

Our number 9 was drifting everywhere looking for the ball. Waghorn’s not the best answer but 3 similarish midfielders, with Collins and NML in the middle just doesn’t look functional.