When did this become a thing?

Bob The Badger

When did 5th on the grid in Formula 1  become P5 on the grid? And 3rd place tun into P3? 

When did footballers start to have foot races to the ball instead of the more traditional race that must have been so confusing to everybody?

When did a new series on TV no longer come out, but drop?

And when did presenters stop covering all the stories so they could be across them all?

And when, or more pertinently, why, did British people start saying baby mama and baby daddy? 

This is what 4 months without alcohol does to you. It sends you all bitter and twisted.

Name some more that I can wind myself up with.

10 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

When did 5th on the grid in Formula 1  become P5 on the grid? And 3rd place tun into P3? 

When did footballers start to have foot races to the ball instead of the more traditional race that must have been so confusing to everybody?

And when did presenters stop covering all the stories so they could be across them all?

And when, or more pertinently, why, did British people start saying baby mama and baby daddy? 

This is what 4 months without alcohol does to you. It sends you all bitter and twisted.

Mate, the proof is in the pudding! 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Think you're viewing this through unfavourable optics mate. Letting it go would reward you with some precious headspace 😋

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Well done on the 4 months mate.

5 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Glad you reached out to the forum about this. 

Reach out is a particular pet hate of mine.  I hear it all the time.  When did we start “reaching out” n stead of going to talk to someone.  When some says it at work I have to try so hard not to say “I’m reaching but can’t quite get them” or thinking I’m a member of the Four Tops.

6 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

It really does my head in when they say foot race.  They’re running after a ball, using their legs with their feet on the ground.  What other sort of race are they having??!!

Crikey, I wished I’d never read this thread as you’ve started something now.  Another is going forward. Why do people need to say “going forward we need to”?  What else are you going to.  Reverse time and do it again?

”What I’m thinking in my mind…”.  Well where else are you thinking (don’t answer that 😂)??

”A question for me…”.  Who else are you asking it for??!!

12 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Reach out is a particular pet hate of mine.  I hear it all the time.  When did we start “reaching out” n stead of going to talk to someone.  When some says it at work I have to try so hard not to say “I’m reaching but can’t quite get them” or thinking I’m a member of the Four Tops.

I bet I get at least one email per week asking if I'd like to hop on a Zoom call.

*^@% off.

13 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Crikey, I wished I’d never read this thread as you’ve started something now.  Another is going forward. Why do people need to say “going forward we need to”?  What else are you going to.  Reverse time and do it again?

”What I’m thinking in my mind…”.  Well where else are you thinking (don’t answer that 😂)??

”A question for me…”.  Who else are you asking it for??!!

Yes using redundant words and saying the same thing twice is called tautology, like “an added bonus”, “a major breakthrough”