When did this become a thing?

Bob The Badger

The over use of Absolutely instead of Yes. And my pet hate that’s caught on in the last few years of starting a sentence, particularly an answer, with So……

On a quiz show last week to the contestant, Q   what do for a living? A   so, I’m an IT technician.  Q. Any hobbies?  A. so, I like surfing.   Q and if you won the money, what would you do with it.   A.    so, I’d like to spend it on a world cruise

duh. 

On 25/07/2023 at 13:31, Bob The Badger said:

When did 5th on the grid in Formula 1  become P5 on the grid? And 3rd place tun into P3? 

When did footballers start to have foot races to the ball instead of the more traditional race that must have been so confusing to everybody?

When did a new series on TV no longer come out, but drop?

And when did presenters stop covering all the stories so they could be across them all?

And when, or more pertinently, why, did British people start saying baby mama and baby daddy? 

This is what 4 months without alcohol does to you. It sends you all bitter and twisted.

Name some more that I can wind myself up with.

Well done for giving up the booze mate, that’s amazing. 👏👏👏

5 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

The over use of Absolutely instead of Yes. And my pet hate that’s caught on in the last few years of starting a sentence, particularly an answer, with So……

On a quiz show last week to the contestant, Q   what do for a living? A   so, I’m an IT technician.  Q. Any hobbies?  A. so, I like surfing.   Q and if you won the money, what would you do with it.   A.    so, I’d like to spend it on a world cruise

duh. 

So, you're a miserable old bugger?

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

So, you're a miserable old bugger?

And there’s lots of things that for no particular reason, really annoy me such as the stupid phrase “back in the day”, and when people are asked if they are ready, reply “as I’ll ever be”. Grrr. I need to have a lie down now

On 30/07/2023 at 09:27, Turk Thrust said:

And there’s lots of things that for no particular reason, really annoy me such as the stupid phrase “back in the day”, and when people are asked if they are ready, reply “as I’ll ever be”. Grrr. I need to have a lie down now

And don’t get me started on “from the get go”. Yes I know it’s a contraction of Get Ready, Get Steady, Go but what’s wrong with From the start, or from the off? Oops nearly spilled my Horlicks