Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

25 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

OK...a question... what position does Rhodes play ? It seems like Waggy [may] come in as a No.10. Warne says he wants a No.9 as well. Is Rhodes a No.9 then ? Best I can see him described is as a 6'1" target man ...any thoughts?

In old money:

A "No.9" is a "centre forward"

A "No.10" is an "inside forward"

11 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I think we are going to get "sod all" new permanent strikers in this window, or a replacement for Knight.

Hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking great atm

We will but it might not be our first or second choice, plenty of teams with money to spend like WestHam for example haven't made a signing yet have some money.

Agents probably advising players to wait until later near end of window when clubs will pay more wages and fees etc then freeing up space for movement 

We are not alone in being frustrated in lack of signings and greedy agents won't be advising players to jump at first offer.

A team starts the season not scoring many and the price and wage demands go up its not good and is far from the good old fashioned way transfers were conducted.

In many ways the transfer window itself does not help and I think it would be much better if you could buy players at any time, then agents would'nt wait until last knockings to get the price up ...i personally think agents are bad for the game and just out for themselves...a lot of teams waiting and trying to get players in not just us 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

We will but it might not be our first or second choice, plenty of teams with money to spend like WestHam for example haven't made a signing yet have some money.

Agents probably advising players to wait until later near end of window when clubs will pay more wages and fees etc then freeing up space for movement 

We are not alone in being frustrated in lack of signings and greedy agents won't be advising players to jump at first offer.

A team starts the season not scoring many and the price and wage demands go up its not good and is far from the good old fashioned way transfers were conducted.

In many ways the transfer window itself does not help and I think it would be much better if you could buy players at any time, then agents would'nt wait until last knockings to get the price up ...i personally think agents are bad for the game and just out for themselves...a lot of teams waiting and trying to get players in not just us 

Nail. Head. Hit. 👏

33 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I think we are going to get "sod all" new permanent strikers in this window, or a replacement for Knight.

Think your right.  I can see the newspaper headlines when the window shuts,  Released strikers still available to sign   

8 hours ago, S8TY said:

16 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

New permanent striker this window.....

Washington!

Knight is a funny one as he didn't have much of an impact when he played midfield,  how many games was he central? He's been replaced as a right back/rwb, which also frees Smith to play central mid and we aren't likely to play with wide midfielders.

The only thing we lose with Knight is his energy, but Washington will replace a lot of that, Smith also covers a lot of ground in midfield and Bird has been let of the leash and looks fitter than ever, look at the goals against Stoke and Birds involvement and tell me you'd still rather Knight play in that role, because I wouldn't.

Try to look for positives for a change, rather than be the harbinger of doom!