Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

45 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

And assuming wiki is right Didzy scored 9 and 2 in his last 2 seasons before coming to us and CKR 5 and 1 in his two seasons before becoming a Ram and cult hero. Your point is.....?? 

We sign some right old tat?

Our scouting team is dreadful?

We like to sign strikers who don't score goals? 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.png.6e4e38420c3afbd1e5abf1f3d0e3bf56.png

If there's any truth in that (always a little sceptical when it comes to Nixon), then I guess he'll spend next season sitting on his backside at Hudds and counting his money - otherwise known as 'doing an Anya'.....

Rhodes is clearly not going to walk away from his current contract and we are not going anywhere near matching it. I suspect Warnock has told him he doesn’t want him and to find a move away but he doesn’t want to pay him up. You couldn’t blame the player if he stayed where he is.

Just now, Sparkle said:

Rhodes is clearly not going to walk away from his current contract and we are not going anywhere near matching it. I suspect Warnock has told him he doesn’t want him and to find a move away but he doesn’t want to pay him up. You couldn’t blame the player if he stayed where he is.

Have you been to Huddersfield?

Actually the pub at the station is quite good. But apart from that, oh and the surrounding scenery, oh and...

7 minutes ago, S8TY said:

To be fair Waghorn for me is more like Didzy as could easily drop in to a 10 role and isn’t just a striker 

I don’t think Waghorn would be a terrible signing at all on a 1 year contract 

My thoughts exactly-knows the club,works hard and can cover 2/3 positions.Good squad player,especially at this level. We all know what he can't do but as Brian Clough used to say about his signings," I've signed him for what he can do!"

1 minute ago, nogbad van 50 said:

My thoughts exactly-knows the club,works hard and can cover 2/3 positions.Good squad player,especially at this level. We all know what he can't do but as Brian Clough used to say about his signings," I've signed him for what he can do!"

“Knowing the club” counts for nothing but I don’t necessarily disagree with your other points.

27 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

It really isn't though.

If the club no longer want him, then they will offer to pay off a percentage of the coming year's wages to allow all parties to move on.

This sort of thing happens all the time.

Yep ! 👍🏼 it’s all about the bottom lines for the player and the teams.

I would hazard a guess that we would probably be paying half what he’s on now. It’s going to have to come from somewhere if he moves. Seller or buyer or a share from both. One thing for sure JR won’t give up half his contracted wages for nothing. 

12 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/07/rams-continue-preparations-for-new-season-with-huddersfield-workout

WTF? Was this just to scout Rhodes? Or maybe sneak him onto the team bus?

An elaborate game of hide-and-seek. Paul Warne was given 90 minutes to find Jordan Rhodes hidden somewhere in the HTFC complex. If he failed, the deal would be off.

It sounds far-fetched but obviously that's why the scoreline isn't in that article (because no-one was paying any attention to what was happening on the pitch).