Lewis Dobbin

Rample

3 hours ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Interesting to see he is starting for Everton today, was deemed barely good enough to start for us last season. Maybe he has improved over the summer and he will offer alot of pace and direct running. 

Still "nil points" for Everton. I've a lot of contacts at the club, and think Dobbin starting is a pretty surefire indicator this is the season they're finally going down (after 69 consecutive seasons in the top flight). I wouldn't be starting Dobbin for Derby if he was added to our current squad.

43 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Still "nil points" for Everton. I've a lot of contacts at the club, and think Dobbin starting is a pretty surefire indicator this is the season they're finally going down (after 69 consecutive seasons in the top flight). I wouldn't be starting Dobbin for Derby if he was added to our current squad.

Yeah relegation for them is long overdue,  they need to invest before the window closes on some attacking quality or they are f*****. Ihenacho from Leicester would be a decent signing. 

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

They haven't scored yet this season, have they?

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

They should have gone down years ago when they stayed up with that dodgy game v Wimbledon 

25 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

They haven't scored yet this season, have they?

Indeed they haven't. With so little fire power, I was surprised they let Sims go. Their FFP case is being heard late October but I'd expect they're under a soft embargo until then. £370m lost over the last 3 years. For what!? 

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Indeed they haven't. With so little fire power, I was surprised they let Sims go. Their FFP case is being heard late October but I'd expect they're under a soft embargo until then. £370m lost over the last 3 years. For what!? 

They also don't have many assets to sell. Calvert Lewin is their best player but who's going to want him with his injury record?

Their new stadium is coming on nicely. Go past it every day and it's interesting to watch it develop in exactly the same way the team isn't.

4 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

They should have gone down years ago when they stayed up with that dodgy game v Wimbledon 

They should have gone down the year we lost to them 4-3 at home.  On that occasion, a s**** keeper rather than one with accidental hands for 35 minutes.

Wolves, Bournemouth, Sheff Utd and luton in 6 games. Need at least 5 from that, so 5 from 9 now.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

12 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

They also don't have many assets to sell. Calvert Lewin is their best player but who's going to want him with his injury record?

Their new stadium is coming on nicely. Go past it every day and it's interesting to watch it develop in exactly the same way the team isn't.

Jordan Pickford ?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just scored a lovely goal for Everton, the stick certain posters gave him never made sense to me, good luck to the lad. 

Posters plural?  Thought it was just the one delusional 'magical man' really.  Thought most people supported him and recognised he was raw and weren't necessarily expecting a superstar given our troubles at the time (ie no loan fees so not going to get the absolute best kids etc).   Looks like the season here did him some good.  Agree - good luck to him.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’ve amended your post for when he played for us the majority of the time.

I think that’s a bit unfair.

Rarely scared goalkeepers maybe but he could certainly take the ball past defenders.

He was just a little naive but he will gain in experience and, I hope, become a fixture in Everton‘s side.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think that’s a bit unfair.

Rarely scared goalkeepers maybe but he could certainly take the ball past defenders.

He was just a little naive but he will gain in experience and, I hope, become a fixture in Everton‘s side.

When does fact ever come into it on here?  Come on. 😂