Do we need a goalscorer Paul

Curtains

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That’s not the point its about integration 

Also I’m worried Warne is overtraining the players in Spain .

They have niggles already 

It's exactly the point.

If we accept that Warne wants, and realises that we need a goalscorer, then it obviously means that at the moment we have been unable to get one that is better than we already have.

I personally feel that getting a good one once the season has started is far better than getting a couple of average ones in July just so that we can integrate them.

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Could you add the word Boy at the beginning of the thread name ?  😊👍

As many have said already, PW has said we need more options. I also remember he alluded to 4 or 5 before the training camp and a few afterwards.

He strikes me as someone who likes to meet players F2F and so will pick things up upon his return.

Some players may like the one to one option all the time others might not.

Some players might not like Warnes tactics others will .

Some players may not enjoy blasting around in the heat of Spain and some will 

End of the day it will be about results.

I have my concerns others don’t .

I hope Warne gets it right but lots of fans didn’t like Rowettball and some won’t like Warneball 

Edited by Curtains
Added

2 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Hope you’re not getting too anxious @Curtains there’ll be al sorts going on behind closed doors. Keep the faith. We are definitely looking better by the signing and I believe there’s a little surprise or two in store for us in the coming weeks up front. 
All is well in Camp Derby 🐏 

So thanks for that .

Sounds good .

Goalscorers attract the biggest fees and wages, at the moment their agents and clubs are demanding the highest numbers. Any club prepared to pay these figures can get the deal done now, however, most clubs including Derby don't want to or can't pay these figures. So it is a case of biding your time, until the demands fall into the window with which we can operate.

It's a fine line though, jump in too early and you pay over the odds, leave it too late and someone else signs your target. We've seen what happens to the club when we jumped in too early and the knock on effect that it has. Say we go all in and sign a striker for a relatively big fee and wages, then the rest of the squad will be wanting bigger wages and we're back on Mell's rollercoaster again.

Everybody says we need to spread the goals around more, not just have one player score them all.  What people don't seem to be realising is that Conor Washington solves that problem in one fell swoop. We simply have the strikers score less goals, and then by definition we spread them around more.  It's genius! 😉

So do you think from the thread title that PW will go "omg I forgot about a striker, thank goodness @Curtains reminded me." Rather than always seeing the most negative angle possible could it be that finalising Knight's position and getting the defence for perhaps less financial outlay than expected, that we are looking at finalising different targets now? Of course it would be good if new striker(s) were there for pre-season but on the basis PW's pre-season is for some "creating niggles", surely its better that they do miss it by that logic? 

16 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So do you think from the thread title that PW will go "omg I forgot about a striker, thank goodness @Curtains reminded me." Rather than always seeing the most negative angle possible could it be that finalising Knight's position and getting the defence for perhaps less financial outlay than expected, that we are looking at finalising different targets now? Of course it would be good if new striker(s) were there for pre-season but on the basis PW's pre-season is for some "creating niggles", surely its better that they do miss it by that logic? 

Very good logical post. 

Can see it from a different angle now  

Is Paul Warne an attacking coach / manager? I would argue that he is a pragmatic manager hence the reason he will play 3 - 5 - 2.

I can’t see us being free scoring and dominating possession. I see us playing in the same way Billy Davies did.

We will win games 1 - 0, score from set pieces etc.