Do we need a goalscorer Paul

Curtains

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Not a ball in sight. At least if they miscontrol it or overhit a pass, the team should be able to scrabble after it.

As long as they do passing and shooting later, I’m all in favour of a fit side.

The successful ones tend to be the ones who work hardest in between moments of magic.

Do we need another thread to bemoan, in some eyes, the lack of goal scorer as that’s how the “Twitching” thread started?

Seriously though, do we really expect all our business done by mid-July when there’s 3 weeks to the first game and 7 weeks to the end of the transfer window?  Warne’s targeted defence first, which is sound logic.  He’s signed players for his preferred 3 at the back with wing-backs.  This frees up others (e.g. Smith) to play in their natural or more suited positions.

He’s openly said he wants players at the top end of the pitch.  These are the most in demand and more difficult positions to fill.  I’m not sure what some are expecting 🤷‍♂️.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Some players may like the one to one option all the time others might not.

Some players might not like Warnes tactics others will .

Some players may not enjoy blasting around in the heat of Spain and some will 

End of the day it will be about results.

I have my concerns others don’t .

I hope Warne gets it right but lots of fans didn’t like Rowettball and some won’t like Warneball 

Think you answered your own question here. We’re not gonna sign just anyone if they don’t fit into the group and the philosophy Warnes building. 

So he will take his time to get the target he wants rather than any old Tom, Dick or Harry that doesn’t suit the team overall.

Theres always the twitching thread 👍

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

So preseason isn’t important then .

We need the new players to integrate.

Warne has been saying he didn’t have a preseason with his players and the players were not signed by him .

Im not criticizing Warne I like him but he can’t have it both ways 

so what should Warne and DCFC do then ?? ....just sign anyone to please you ?

or wait and get the right player/players ? The better strikers will have more than one option 

Do you not think Warne and lots of other managers would like there squad to be complete by now ?

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

So do you think from the thread title that PW will go "omg I forgot about a striker, thank goodness @Curtains reminded me." Rather than always seeing the most negative angle possible could it be that finalising Knight's position and getting the defence for perhaps less financial outlay than expected, that we are looking at finalising different targets now? Of course it would be good if new striker(s) were there for pre-season but on the basis PW's pre-season is for some "creating niggles", surely its better that they do miss it by that logic? 

Came here to say just this.  Get the concern we've lost the Didzy goal machine but there's much more balance in the squad now, perhaps more opportunity to spread the goals around rather than rely on one player which is always dangerous. We were lucky Didzy didn't get a long-term injury.  I have no doubt there's fingers in all sorts of pies and the move of Knight may have been the thing holding up finalising things.  We've heard from a few of his recent signings that things have been progressing for weeks (or longer) - I'm sure that's the case with maybe at least 1 or 2 more signings. Ideal world in terms of getting everyone in for pre-season doesn't exist. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Just to clarify.  In Paul Warne I trust .

Difficult to discuss anything on here now without getting bollocked .

I love Derby and I want them to do well. 

And you are worried about what many of us are worried about, lack of a goal scorer and injuries to a small squad.

3 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

"a goalscorer Paul"?

It's a long while since we could call on a Paul to get us some goals...  Kitson, Peschisolido, Dickov, Goddard, o Wanchope.

I think we may be a bit out of luck, the name's gone out of fashion and I'm not sure there are that many goalscoring Pauls about these days.

I never realised that o Wanchope was Irish! 🤪