Do we need a goalscorer Paul

Curtains

3 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

For the umpteenth time can we please wait until the window closes before this ridiculous petulance is released!!

So preseason isn’t important then .

We need the new players to integrate.

Warne has been saying he didn’t have a preseason with his players and the players were not signed by him .

Im not criticizing Warne I like him but he can’t have it both ways 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

So preseason isn’t important then .

We need the new players to integrate.

Warne has been saying he didn’t have a preseason with his players and the players were not signed by him .

Im not criticizing Warne I like him but he can’t have it both ways 

Agreed , a prolific goalscorer or our main source of goals is the most important part of the puzzle and you want him up to speed with the players providing him the service etc , yes there's plenty of time to sign someone before the window closes but there's an urgency to getting them accustomed to Warne team and game plan and fitness levels 

Warne has talked about making more signings, I haven't heard him say he's happy with what he has, this is it.

Chances are Warne agrees with you, that doesn't make signing one any easier or quicker.

The reason we have been signing defensive players is, 1) we needed them and 2) they were freebies which are easier and quicker to do deals with.....saying that, even those were not quick enough.

Actual goal scorers will need negotiating fees for, hence why it will take longer to complete.

Ideal world, yes we have a complete squad ready at the start of pre season, I would say that is pretty rare though. 

1 game down, still plenty of time to join and integrate into the squad.

tl;dr it's too early to panic.

Just now, Loughborough Ram said:

Does anybody on here think that Paul Warne either, hasnt realised that we need a goalscorer, or positively believes that we don't need one?

That’s not the point its about integration 

Also I’m worried Warne is overtraining the players in Spain .

They have niggles already 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Warne has talked about making more signings, I haven't heard him say he's happy with what he has, this is it.

Chances are Warne agrees with you, that doesn't make signing one any easier or quicker.

The reason we have been signing defensive players is, 1) we needed them and 2) they were freebies which are easier and quicker to do deals with.....saying that, even those were not quick enough.

Actual goal scorers will need negotiating fees for, hence why it will take longer to complete.

Ideal world, yes we have a complete squad ready at the start of pre season, I would say that is pretty rare though. 

1 game down, still plenty of time to join and integrate into the squad.

tl;dr it's too early to panic.

I’m not panicking mate just discussing which is what I like to do .

I agree with most of your points .

PS I’m a massive Derby fan but it’s fair comment to say Collins doesn’t score enough and neither does Washington.

McGoldrick was the main man last season and will take some replacing 

Edited by Curtains
Added

33 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I really think we need one 

Could you add the word Boy at the beginning of the thread name ?  😊👍

As many have said already, PW has said we need more options. I also remember he alluded to 4 or 5 before the training camp and a few afterwards.

He strikes me as someone who likes to meet players F2F and so will pick things up upon his return.