Krystian Bielik

Day

5 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

That's genuinely horrendous, 2 of their own players marking each other and the ball still goes backwards into their own net...how? 😂

To be fair to Bielik, he is standing in the right place to clear it unopposed. Then his team mate hurls himself towards the ball in the direction of the goal for no apparent reason.

• 2 months later...

Bielik has played in most of Brum’s league games so far this season.  His stats are not looking good….

goals - zero*

Assists - zero 

* Unless you count own goals.  

I’m genuinely puzzled - injuries aside, most of us (I think) thought he’d do okay in a mid-table Championship side.

1 hour ago, Bessie1 said:

Bielik has played in most of Brum’s league games so far this season.  His stats are not looking good….

goals - zero*

Assists - zero 

I’m genuinely puzzled - injuries aside, most of us (I think) thought he’d do okay in a mid-table Championship side.

Did you watch him when on loan? Thought he was slow and bang average. Yesterday he looked like a cart-horse. Nothing like the player we saw glimpses of pre-injury here.

On 09/12/2023 at 10:44, Bessie1 said:

goals - zero*

Assists - zero 

I've got no idea about his performances this season, but I do know goals and assists are pretty much irrelevant stats to measure a deep-lying midfielder's performances by.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, angieram said:

That tackle was never a sending off and now the appeal against it has been unsuccessful. 

Talk about referees' union!

I sometimes think I'm watching a different game altogether to the one I grew up loving.

I agree I'm not convinced it's a sending-off (because he appears to play the ball and I wouldn't say his studs are high), but the way he goes into it creates the risk it'll be deemed a red.

It's closer to a red than Boly's second yellow was to being a yellow!

4 hours ago, angieram said:

That tackle was never a sending off and now the appeal against it has been unsuccessful. 

Talk about referees' union!

I sometimes think I'm watching a different game altogether to the one I grew up loving.

Anyone leaving the floor with both feet in the air deserves to be banned. Horrible tackles and deservedly the rules have changed to reflect that you are not in control regardless of playing ball or not.

Having been at the end of one earlier in the year, when the player played the ball but went over it, I will have the scar forever, luckily the shin pads took the main force of the hit, had it been on the ankle I would have been on crutches at best.

He may have played the ball and both feet on the ground by this time, but he is flying on from the side and leaves the ground, having played the game when growing up, have to say that is one aspect I did not love, seen too many careers ended.

• 4 months later...
On 25/12/2023 at 09:00, angieram said:

That'd be because you are watching a different game Angie and not in a good way. Sadly, for a club with ambitions on the top flight, the higher up the ladder, the less 'real' it all feels.