Premier League - 23/24 Season

Day

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

I honestly thought Burnley would be doing better than what they are , as for Bournemouth yesterday I think they got Newcastle just at the right time

Yeah Newcastle were spent and down to the bare bones, similar to Spurs who looked out on their feet after 60 minutes at Wolves.

Spurs is more self-inflicted.

Newcastle have evidently struggled to combine European football and their domestic campaign. They’ve had bruising League Cup games too with City and United.

Burnley have been a major disappointment. They had a difficult start with City, Spurs, Villa and Newcastle as four of the first five games. But then they lost to Brentford, Bournemouth and Palace. No real excuses anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right on cue Man Utd get thoroughly dominated against one of the better sides.

Newcastle were so much better all over the park. Aside from Fernandes, I struggle to see another Man Utd player of any real quality. The guy is a whiner, but I feel for Fernandes playing as he is playing alongside rubbish.

Who would Newcastle actually take from Man Utd’s team? They have their own Bruno. Almiron and Gordon are better than Garnacho and the overrated Rashford. Joelinton is better than McTominay.

And don’t even start on United’s back five. Dreadful.

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Right on cue Man Utd get thoroughly dominated against one of the better sides.

Newcastle were so much better all over the park. Aside from Fernandes, I struggle to see another Man Utd player of any real quality. The guy is a whiner, but I feel for Fernandes playing as he is playing alongside rubbish.

Who would Newcastle actually take from Man Utd’s team? They have their own Bruno. Almiron and Gordon are better than Garnacho and the overrated Rashford. Joelinton is better than McTominay.

And don’t even start on United’s back five. Dreadful.

I’ve found it funny and frustrating over the past few days since their victory against the mighty Everton. Oh they’ve turned a corner, they’re really good now. Look at them in 4th.

Look at the fixtures they’ve won, and in most cases, only just. They beat Sheffield United 1-0, who have just lost 5-0 to Burnley.

they've had a lucky easy run of games, as soon as they come against someone half decent, they get battered.

im not sure why people don’t take into account the run of games. Like when viera got sacked last season from palace. Suddenly Hodgson had great success. Yes, cos viera had played all the top 6 in his previous 6 games, and Hodgson’s first 3 were against the bottom 3 (or something like that). Absolutely every chance that viera would’ve won those 3 games too. Now Palace fans are moaning that they should’ve kept viera. No s***.

anyway, point is, United should’ve been sacking ten Haag when he’s only beating Sheffield United and Luton by a single goal. And they shouldn’t be surprised that he’s getting battered by anyone above 10th. 

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Paul Heckingbottom first PL manager of the season to get axed

So they sacked their old manager Chris Wilder and appointed a interim manager who then dropped back into a under 23s job when they were relegated. They then appointed a permanent manager who then got sacked after 4 months. The under 23s manager then moves back up and appointed permanent manager. They gain promotion and then the club sack this manager to then potentially reappoint Chris Wilder who got them promoted a few years ago who was initially sacked and started this chain.

Absolutely love football logic.

1 hour ago, David said:

Arsenal celebrating like they've won the league. 🥶

They did that against Bournemouth last year and then the wheels fell off.

I like Arsenal, but they get carried away.

They have some big away games coming up at Villa, West Ham and Liverpool. Need to get past those before starting to act like champions elect.

Palace stay up every year but they offer nothing. I’d be bored stiff if I was a supporter of theirs.

Forest seem to be aspiring to be them too.

I honestly don’t see the clamor to be a 17th - 13th PL club. You lose 50% of the time, you have a big negative GD, you get battered by the top clubs, you uncomfortably cling on to every victory, your best players will just get poached every year, you largely play crap football and half of your games are moved away from the Saturday 3pm kick off time.

35 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Palace stay up every year but they offer nothing. I’d be bored stiff if I was a supporter of theirs.

I honestly don’t see the clamor to be a 17th - 13th PL club. You lose 50% of the time, you have a big negative GD, you get battered by the top clubs, you uncomfortably cling on to every victory, your best players will just get poached every year, you largely play crap football and half of your games are moved away from the Saturday 3pm kick off time.

Yep but all that is called success nowadays 

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

As things stand... and after what we have had to endure over the past few years... I'd gladly take a decade of that before I even considered yawning/raising my eyebrows/tutting etc. 

Oh my his, Man Utd are so crap this season. I’m bloody loving it. It’s my favourite side plot of the premier league.

And how pundits keep blowing smoke up their ass like how a 1-0 win against Chelsea is suddenly their turning point. Everything is a turning point. A last gasp win against Fulham was a turning point. They absolutely average at best.

theyre s***, they’re s***, they’re s*** again and then they beat Everton 3-0. And all of a sudden their record doesn’t look so bad taken out of context. They have been absolutely pony. And I love it.