Premier League - 23/24 Season

Day

3 hours ago, David said:

I see Greenwood has got a move to Getafe on loan. Was talk of United letting him leave on a free so this is a bit of a weird one with Getafe only covering a small percentage of his wages. Maybe United are hoping in 12 months fans might be more open to have him return after a successful loan move.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66691162

This is doing the rounds 

0e421fa2-d9e9-4da1-97d6-0df1b3d761c9.jpeg

Getafe are away to Real Madrid today, a game which Real are paying tribute to the Spanish women's World Cup winning team.

Whilst I wouldn't expect Greenwood to be involved, be interesting to see if there is any kind of protest from either side of the stands.

Brilliant end to Arsenal Man Utd. 

Man Utd thought they’d won it in around the 93rd minute but VAR finally went against them this season. Arsenal then score in the 96th and 100th minute. 

Man Utd are so far off being a challenger. ETH did a decent job for them last season.

But I think they will struggle to make top four this time around. 

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Looks like there are things brewing at Man Ure - ten Hag stating publicly that Sancho was left out of the squad because of his performance in training and now Sancho has issued a statement that his training was good and he’s being made a scapegoat…. It’s not going to end well

Sancho isn’t a top player. I think it goes to show how poor the Bundesliga is that he was a superstar there.

I think he would do fine being a big fish in a small pond at somebody like Crystal Palace like Zaha.

But he isn’t top six standard.

For England in the wide areas you’d have Saka, Foden, Sterling, Rashford, Grealish ahead of him on ability and then Bowen, Eze and Maddison ahead of him on game time.

10 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Looks like there are things brewing at Man Ure - ten Hag stating publicly that Sancho was left out of the squad because of his performance in training and now Sancho has issued a statement that his training was good and he’s being made a scapegoat…. It’s not going to end well

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Newcastle have a goal disallowed for a gentle touch on the keeper, It's a good job fairies don't play or they'd be dead 

That's only when you say you don't believe in them! 😄

What on earth was the other 'penno' about which he then changed his mind about after watching again!

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's only when you say you don't believe in them! 😄

What on earth was the other 'penno' about which he then changed his mind about after watching again!

He got out of jail with VAR  there, I believe the Refs are becoming confused as to why, Where and when is the arm in an unnatural/natural position, In normal play it wasn't a penalty for me...then he blows for one 🙄 

2 hours ago, littleover ram said:

Think Luton and/or Sheff Utd could be on for our 11 point record 

I think because there is so many as bad as each other they will probably beat each other to get enough points. When we got 11 points we were the worst team by some way

Just thinking about the PL, or first division, it’s amazing how times change.

I grew up in the 90s so I only ever saw Man Utd dominate with the brief Arsenal and Chelsea win thrown in.

It’s amazing to see how times have changed. Man Utd just don’t register as a top club for me anymore. They are miles behind City on and off the pitch. 

Probably those who watched Liverpool so dominant in the 80s can’t believe how bad they were in the 90s and 00s.

I see that with Man Utd now.

But give it another 15 years and after Pep and the City lot move on, the kids now will probably say the same when they drop way off it and we have a new dominant side.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I grew up in the 90s so I only ever saw Man Utd dominate with the brief Arsenal and Chelsea win thrown in.

It’s amazing to see how times have changed. Man Utd just don’t register as a top club for me anymore. They are miles behind City on and off the pitch. 

Probably those who watched Liverpool so dominant in the 80s can’t believe how bad they were in the 90s and 00s.

But give it another 15 years and after Pep and the City lot move on, the kids now will probably say the same when they drop way off it and we have a new dominant side.

I grew up in the 60s and 70s. So saw Man utd win the European cup, and then a few short years later , get relegated from the top flight. 

Derby promotion to the top division, and finishing 4th in the first season. Then winning it a couple of years later. 

I think back then, that clubs fortunes turned around a bit faster than they do these days. 

17 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Feel like City are a super club now and well established with the revenue streams ,infrastructure,  the value of players they have, everything...

Man U just had history and Old Trafford when Fergie left. Its different now in this era they will be established with the elite like Real Madrid and Barcelona in the next 10 years. Also when Guardiola leaves they will get someone like De Zerbi or Xabi Alonso and still be very strong they are not just Guardiola they have alot of money and are very well run so they won't be going anywhere bar the club being sold to someone like Tod Boehly and alot of mismanagement happening. 

Also young kids from abroad will soon start not giving a s*** about Man U and City will get more and more fans,already when I was teaching in Italy last month the young kids were going on about Man City they recently won the Champions league and that makes a big difference. 

Man U need the humility to accept they are nowhere near and sign younger players and develop players like Brighton with some players like Casemiro as well either that or spending like the Saudi clubs is their only way to get to Citys level as they spent when players like Aguero were 45mill instead of 130million like he'd cost now.

Edited by Marriot Ram99