Premier League - 23/24 Season

Day

There was a lot of recent media coverage of ten Hag's decision to strip Maguire of the Man Utd captaincy - lots of ex-pros saying it was an insult and that he should look to move on whereas I thought that was an OTT reaction and it was just the manager wanting a new captain who would be a guaranteed starter....today Man Utd have re-signed Jonny Evans - who's 35! If Harry had any doubts, I'd suggest he needs to speak to his agent about Saudi....

• 3 weeks later...

What’s Sheff Utd’s strategy here? They’ve just sold N’Diaye, now they’re selling one of their best remaining players to a fellow promoted side? No significant additions yet either. They’ll be more likely to finish bottom than Luton to be honest…

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Liverpool agree £111m deal for Caicedo. I thought it was City who inflated the market?

In Klopp’s reign they will now have the most expensive goalkeeper, centre-back and central midfielder.

Heard Caicedos snubbed the scousers , wants Chelsea move

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester United have released a statement that Mason Greenwood will not play for them again.

Be interesting to see what club comes in for him.

Whilst he might not have been convicted, the evidence made public was damning enough to f his career up, any club that even opens talks with him will face a huge backlash.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Manchester United have released a statement that Mason Greenwood will not play for them again.

Whilst he might not have been convicted, the evidence made public was damning enough to f his career up, any club that even opens talks with him will face a huge backlash.

He's going to have to try and revive his career abroad I think. No club with any class will touch him with a barge pole. One of the few times trial by social media actually worked positively. Calling people out of any status who carry out this disgusting behaviour.

At least he has his own family to think about now and try and give them a future.

19 minutes ago, David said:

florist it is then.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

florist it is then.

Can't see that, as SSD said it will likely be abroad. Just can't see where, not a chance Saudi club would go for him with the way they punish rapists.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Can't see that, as SSD said it will likely be abroad. Just can't see where, not a chance Saudi club would go for him with the way they punish rapists.

He was linked with a team in Ligue 1 last month, forget which one.

I'm not really sure what to make of this. According to the alleged victim, there's no crime to answer for and the police have decided not to pursue a prosecution. Is it really reasonable to campaign for a man who has committed no crime to be barred from returning to his job? Having said that, I wouldn't be comfortable with him signing for Derby. I find it baffling that Manchester United seemingly thought they could get away with bringing him back. Whether I agree or disagree with him returning, it's obvious that the very public nature of the incident and the current social climate make playing football in the UK a near impossibility.

What is the situation with libel laws here? Is it ok to even call him a rapist, or could he potentially sue?

19 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm not really sure what to make of this. According to the alleged victim, there's no crime to answer for and the police have decided not to pursue a prosecution. Is it really reasonable to campaign for a man who has committed no crime to be barred from returning to his job? Having said that, I wouldn't be comfortable with him signing for Derby. I find it baffling that Manchester United seemingly thought they could get away with bringing him back. Whether I agree or disagree with him returning, it's obvious that the very public nature of the incident and the current social climate make playing football in the UK a near impossibility.

What is the situation with libel laws here? Is it ok to even call him a rapist, or could he potentially sue?

David Goodwillie not enough evidence in a criminal court but enough evidence in a civil court...£100k compensation to victim

Ched Evens 2.5 years in jail, Defendants sexual past is brought up in an appeal and he wins.

Benjamin Mendy found not guilty of 6 counts of rape

Jody Morris has rape allegation dropped by The CPS said there was no realistic prospect of obtaining a conviction after examining the police file.

They say there's no smoke without a fire, But football is crawling with female hangers on who see a pro footballers as fare game.