Premier League - 23/24 Season

Day

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Sheffield United were terrible again at Fulham today. Misery compounded as Basham suffered a horrible ankle break.

It’s a big IF. But IF Luton, Burnley and Bournemouth turn up against them, they really could threaten our 11 point record.

that would be more embarrassing than us. They went up automatically. Theoretically, they should be a stronger side than we were. We were an absolute dumpster fire. 

I remember Villa were close when they went down, and I thought that would be truly embarrassing. An established premier league club compared with a team that came third in the championship, and had no prep time. 

I didn’t think Sheffield United would threaten it but they really seem to have lost their fight and spirit they had in the early games

once that goes and you lacked quality to begin with it’s possible as we know

Sheffield United could do it, but it might be a false dawn as they looked alright to begin with. They actually weakened their squad coming up apparently as I'm close mates with a Blades fan. Most of the fan base was in uproar over the owners believing they were banking the premier league money and accepting relegation as an inevitability. Heckingbottom isn't a bad manager I don't think but if they keep getting a few injuries there really is absolutely no depth in that squad. Them being on 1 point at this stage you have to wonder if they don't get a win by Christmas then they look like they may just take our record.

I'm sure a new manager will takeover whichever club threatens Derby's record and at least get a bit of bounce. 

Its hard to not get 11 points through sheer luck. You get a few points per season by some team turning up and not looking like scoring if you played em all month. Then, unlike us, you do get a stroke of luck here and there. 

As bad as some of those sides look, 11 points seems impossible to end up with. 3 scrappy wins and a couple of draws should be achievable by the most talentless but determined team even from league 1. 

Luton at home are surely going to s******** a couple of decent sides? 

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm sure a new manager will takeover whichever club threatens Derby's record and at least get a bit of bounce. 

Its hard to not get 11 points through sheer luck. You get a few points per season by some team turning up and not looking like scoring if you played em all month. Then, unlike us, you do get a stroke of luck here and there. 

As bad as some of those sides look, 11 points seems impossible to end up with. 3 scrappy wins and a couple of draws should be achievable by the most talentless but determined team even from league 1. 

Luton at home are surely going to s******** a couple of decent sides? 

That will tell us a lot of they sack Heckingbottom and they get no reaction it could be broken

luton will definitely beat it, they create a lot of chances

Edited by alram

4 hours ago, alram said:

That will tell us a lot of they sack Heckingbottom and they get no reaction it could be broken

luton will definitely beat it, they create a lot of chances

Yeah I won't be getting my hopes up though. 

We managed to be bad, unlucky and unprofessional. You'd think with a change of manager that one of those would at least temporarily change. Enough to s******** over a dozen points. 

The only luck we had was bad luck. Even those coulda/shoulda moments went against us

16 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Sheffield United could do it, but it might be a false dawn as they looked alright to begin with. They actually weakened their squad coming up apparently as I'm close mates with a Blades fan. Most of the fan base was in uproar over the owners believing they were banking the premier league money and accepting relegation as an inevitability. Heckingbottom isn't a bad manager I don't think but if they keep getting a few injuries there really is absolutely no depth in that squad. Them being on 1 point at this stage you have to wonder if they don't get a win by Christmas then they look like they may just take our record.

Sheffield United’s early results actually flattered them. They were battered in each game, and were quite fortunate to draw with Everton. It was mentioned no team had faced as many shots as them in the opening few matches in PL history. 

15 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yeah I won't be getting my hopes up though. 

We managed to be bad, unlucky and unprofessional. You'd think with a change of manager that one of those would at least temporarily change. Enough to s******** over a dozen points. 

The only luck we had was bad luck. Even those coulda/shoulda moments went against us

On top of everything else that went wrong that season, our change in manager actually made us worse. He was a worse manager, and in our January window he sold some of our better players and replaced them with worse players. So we continued to get worse.

a mistake Jewell made (one of many) was that he used January to make some panic signings and try to win us some points. Rather than preparing for the next season in the championship. The likes of Oakley and Howard would have been really useful in the championship. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Going to be a game on Christmas Eve. 😮

Remember us playing Burnley in the championship on Christmas Eve I believe. Was 0-0, freezing and Chesney from Corrie was on the pitch at half time. Someone correct me if it wasn’t Xmas eve. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Remember us playing Burnley in the championship on Christmas Eve I believe. Was 0-0, freezing and Chesney from Corrie was on the pitch at half time. Someone correct me if it wasn’t Xmas eve. 

Ahem... Allow me...

23rd Dec 2006?  (A Saturday, according to Google).

There was also one on Boxing Day 2012, but we lost that 2-0

https://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Burnley/

https://www.11v11.com/matches/burnley-v-derby-county-23-december-2006-276267/

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ahem... Allow me...

23rd Dec 2006?  (A Saturday, according to Google).

There was also one on Boxing Day 2012, but we lost that 2-0

https://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Burnley/

https://www.11v11.com/matches/burnley-v-derby-county-23-december-2006-276267/

I remember going to the game in 2006, sat next to Geoff Hoon and his son. No recollection of any Corrie actors though

11 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

Anyone else remember a Boxing Day 4-4 at the BBG vs Man U?

Little Les Green’s last game under Cloughie! (He didn’t sober up in time!!Weekend At Bernies Hello GIF

Yep.

Snowy pitch, I seem to recall.

Mackay thunderbolt gave us the lead. Losing at half time (2-3) then Zak and Archie scored before United bagged a later equaliser.

Edited by Eddie