Idris El Mizouni - joined Leyton Orient on loan

maydrakin

23 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Surely this would only be beneficial to us for it to be permanent or with a view to a perm.  

Potentially. His contract is up next year but Ipswich have a 12 month option. So potentially maybe available cheap next year. So maybe we would want to see how good he is, how he does with a loan?

Leyton Orient dominated that league last season and by all accounts he was brilliant. He made the League two team of the season. So naturally the next step is a League one loan. 

Some Ipswich fans even want him to stay, whilst the majority are happy he is not being sold but being sent out on loan.

Now Ipswich have signed Taylor from Peterborough. They currently have 9 central midfielders on the books so will be offloading.

So hopefully this would be a nice easy deal to complete?

Potential Bird/ Knight replacement I would assume. Can’t say I’ve seen much of him but described as a ‘complete midfielder’ by Orient fans. I do however believe he is leaving on a permanent rather than a loan as there was reports before about him leaving permanently. Before you ask I’ve heard nothing about him but he does seem a player that Warne would like 

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Potential Bird/ Knight replacement I would assume. Can’t say I’ve seen much of him but described as a ‘complete midfielder’ by Orient fans. I do however believe he is leaving on a permanent rather than a loan as there was reports before about him leaving permanently. Before you ask I’ve heard nothing about him but he does seem a player that Warne would like 

Can’t you make a quick phone call 👀?

7 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Don’t get peoples reluctance to loans, it’s such a necessary part of football now. Anyone who improves the side is fine by me. If a chance to sign them great, if not then take whilst you can. 

Especially when you’re at this level. 

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Especially when you’re at this level. 

Works both ways.

At this level you're  more likely to see a loan recalled and placed at a higher performing team (or in this case his parent club perhaps recalling him if they're struggling and think he would help them stay up) like when we nicked Bamford from MK Dons halfway through their season.

11 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Don’t get peoples reluctance to loans, it’s such a necessary part of football now. Anyone who improves the side is fine by me. If a chance to sign them great, if not then take whilst you can. 

Some people tend to remember the bad ones and not the good ones, and then it can seem like a waste of time.

It's only a few years since Mount, Tomori and Wilson nearly got a fairly average squad (with a fairly naive manager) into the Premier League. 

6 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Some people tend to remember the bad ones and not the good ones, and then it can seem like a waste of time.

It's only a few years since Mount, Tomori and Wilson nearly got a fairly average squad (with a fairly naive manager) into the Premier League. 

A squad which when from 6th...

*checks notes*

.. to 6th.

I was surprised to see people say he was a complete midfielder when he only scored 3 and assisted 2 last season, especially when Knight is criticised for having a similar record last season despite playing out of position for half of it, playing in a higher division, and being several months younger.

One thing he excels at is his defensive contribution. He makes 50% more defensive actions than our best midfielder (Tommo, Knight, Bird). Whilst the only thing he lacks is a final ball, he doesn't really have any other poor areas in his game. Pretty average shot and dribble occurrence, pretty average in the air.

Overall, he would be a considerable step down from Knight, and should only be 4th choice behind Knight, Bird and Hourihane. I would even make the argument that Sibley would be a better 4th choice in that position to offer something different. None of the other options match him in terms of creativity, shooting and dribbling.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I was surprised to see people say he was a complete midfielder when he only scored 3 and assisted 2 last season, especially when Knight is criticised for having a similar record last season despite playing out of position for half of it, playing in a higher division, and being several months younger.

One thing he excels at is his defensive contribution. He makes 50% more defensive actions than our best midfielder (Tommo, Knight, Bird). Whilst the only thing he lacks is a final ball, he doesn't really have any other poor areas in his game. Pretty average shot and dribble occurrence, pretty average in the air.

Overall, he would be a considerable step down from Knight, and should only be 4th choice behind Knight, Bird and Hourihane. I would even make the argument that Sibley would be a better 4th choice in that position to offer something different. None of the other options match him in terms of creativity, shooting and dribbling.

Amazing then that a team that won their league said he was instrumental 

16 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Amazing then that a team that won their league said he was instrumental 

In a division below. Forest Green won the league in 21/22 with their 2 forwards being instrumental as they gained 55 goal contributions between them. Come January, they were both sent back to League 2 to Walsall (1 loan, 1 permanent).

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Screenshot_20230629_123641_Firefox.thumb.jpg.6f8a65d20df339c5a5c32275c0ccce30.jpg

?

There’s something weird going on with scouse footballers and hairstyles - watched a bit of the England u21 match last night, Harvey Elliott has got some sort of strange blonde frizzy cow pat dribbling over his head….

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

There’s something weird going on with scouse footballers and hairstyles - watched a bit of the England u21 match last night, Harvey Elliott has got some sort of strange blonde frizzy cow pat dribbling over his head….

Harvey Elliot is a London boy. He's a friend of my eldest Godson Henry Curtis who plays for Ipswich