Idris El Mizouni - joined Leyton Orient on loan

maydrakin

In terms of the squad, he would be a decent replacement for Harvey White. I’d prefer us to pursue a permanent deal if we do have high hopes for him, though. If he does well here, it gives Ipswich a reasonable platform to make a decent return on him next season - possibly at our expense. 

I guess the question is how much do we like him, if we are in for him at all? 

Just now, Ambitious said:

In terms of the squad, he would be a decent replacement for Harvey White. I’d prefer us to pursue a permanent deal if we do have high hopes for him, though. If he does well here, it gives Ipswich a reasonable platform to make a decent return on him next season - possibly at our expense. 

I guess the question is how much do we like him, if we are in for him at all? 

His contract is up next year mate.

Ipswich have the option to extend for 12 months like we did with Knight. So worst case we'd be the same position next year in terms of a fee if we wanted to sign him.

A loan would make sense to me.

33 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

His contract is up next year mate.

Ipswich have the option to extend for 12 months like we did with Knight. So worst case we'd be the same position next year in terms of a fee if we wanted to sign him.

A loan would make sense to me.

We could do a "Harry Wilson" as per Fulham 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

We’re we actually in for in for him?

not sure in any world any player worth his salt picks leyton orient over derby county. 

no disrespect to LO … but that int happening 

no chance 

They seemed fairly certain in the local paper .  I'd have thought the same about McGoldrick, it wasn't like he'd never played a game for Notts before.  We can't not be in for everyone.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They seemed fairly certain in the local paper .  I'd have thought the same about McGoldrick, it wasn't like he'd never played a game for Notts before.  We can't not be in for everyone.

We know why mgoldrick went to notts

last chance to play for boy hood club etc etc

has it occured to u that derby county are no longer the attention seeking media whores that they were under mel

maybe clowes , as he quite obviously is as a person, is less attention seeking and like to quietly get on with his business unlike mel

lets be honest no “itks” had a scooby do about elder and ward .

im happy for the club to keep going quitly about its business. About time quite frankly

We might have made an enquiry about his availability, but there’s definitely hasn’t been a reason for making a concrete offer. We have Knight, Bird, Sibbo, Hourihane, Smith and Thommo for a midfield. Signing one more at this point would’ve been detrimental if we are going to sell someone. 

For a midfield, it’s a waiting game at the moment. 

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

We know why mgoldrick went to notts

last chance to play for boy hood club etc etc

has it occured to u that derby county are no longer the attention seeking media whores that they were under mel

maybe clowes , as he quite obviously is as a person, is less attention seeking and like to quietly get on with his business unlike mel

lets be honest no “itks” had a scooby do about elder and ward .

im happy for the club to keep going quitly about its business. About time quite frankly

I'm not buying that.  He started at Notts and had the chance to go back their before he came to us.  Their local paper said we were interested in this fella.  That's local information, not ITK off twitter.  I think the lack of names in the media in reality is more to do with us being in League 1 and not signing Mount on loan or outbidding clubs for Marriott.  Our market is very different now and not worth click attention.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not buying that.  He started at Notts and had the chance to go back their before he came to us.  Their local paper said we were interested in this fella.  That's local information, not ITK off twitter.  I think the lack of names in the media in reality is more to do with us being in League 1 and not signing Mount on loan or outbidding clubs for Marriott.  Our market is very different now and not worth click attention.

Really?

he had a chance to go back?

before us he was playing in the prem only a couple of season ago and then the champ.. all while notts were in the national league at the lowest ebb in their history with a top earner of about 1k a week absolute max

While he could have dropped he still had to make sure he had taken what he needed to from the short career that is football.. notts couldnt have got close what he needed as a bare minimum

think about it 

ur anti warne agenda is really tiresome

Edited by NottsRam77

22 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Really?

he had a chance to go back?

before us he was playing in the prem only a couple of season ago and then the champ.. all while notts were in the national league at the lowest ebb in their history with a top earner of about 1k a week absolute max

While he could have dropped he still had to make sure he had taken what he needed to from the short career that is football.. notts couldnt have got close what he needed as a bare minimum

think about it 

ur anti warne agenda is really tiresome

Yes, they offered him a deal last summer.  At the time he reckons no-one was really interested.  If it was a dream for him to go back to Notts then why risk injury going elsewhere, why not go knowing that chance may not arise again.  With a premier league and top end championship career behind him I seriously doubt a food bank was calling and he's a millionaire a few times over.  If money was any concern as you suggest then why not take another year at Derby at a substantially higher wage.

if you don't like my opinion of Warnes ability to attract players then block me.  I'll do likewise for the sun shines out his arse cult.

37 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes, they offered him a deal last summer.  At the time he reckons no-one was really interested.  If it was a dream for him to go back to Notts then why risk injury going elsewhere, why not go knowing that chance may not arise again.  With a premier league and top end championship career behind him I seriously doubt a food bank was calling and he's a millionaire a few times over.  If money was any concern as you suggest then why not take another year at Derby at a substantially higher wage.

if you don't like my opinion of Warnes ability to attract players then block me.  I'll do likewise for the sun shines out his arse cult.

Lmfo … get a grip pal

How about give a manager a chance now were out of embargo and without restrictions finally.. warne has imo finally has a chande to manage and get his own squad together. Lets give him a bit of time before we start the halftime boos shall we? 

I bet ur probably part of the same brigade that moan when we sack a manager after 6 months too .. then wander why we end up in a mess with collections of players from different managers ideas and philosophies 

the perfect example of the modern day football fan. 

its sad, cos ur got the best username on here bar none