23/24 MINIMUM Expectations

Day

23/24 MINIMUM Expectations  

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Looking at the Poll results::    No pressure on the team then!

Anyone joining the club should expect to make an improvement on a 7th place finish from last season. Their views will be aligned with the fans/voters, as shown by 97% expecting playoffs at the very minimum. They should all be determined enough to expect promotion too. If they don't think they're good enough to win promotion from this division then they shouldn't be joining us.

22 hours ago, alram said:

when was the last time we actually have seen a proper set of accounts? it must be almost 4 years now ?

pretty shocking that we have no idea what state the club is in financially

Given it's been a year since the takeover completed, we should be seeing some accounts for 2022/23 this time in 2024.

22 hours ago, alram said:

would like to know the clarification on the business plan, it seems we have a different business plan every week, i dont think anyone genuinely has any idea what restrictions we have. judging from our busines so far we are definitely still under fairly strict restrictions - just going based on what we are doing so far

As would we all, I'm sure, but all we need to know is that we can actually spend on transfer and loan fees. I don't think it's entirely beyond reason that we can offer a little more in wages too, but this may not be totally necessary.

Minimum expectation? Promotion via the playoffs.If we can't get automatic promotion from this poor league..we are Derby County...then serious questions should be asked of Warne.The facts are we are the 18th best supported club in the country..and that's playing Accrington Stanley Forest Green Rovers and Cheltenham...but we finished last season  51st position in the league that's the biggest discrepancy of the 92... this cannot be allowed to continue.And Im fully confident it won't...Autos it is!

My own thoughts is that if Warne and Thomas swing and miss this season, finishing outside the playoffs considering the budget available to them in comparison to other teams at this level - it makes their employment untenable. 

I have absolutely faith that won’t be an issue. Expectation should be top 2, the playoffs are a fail safe option as we could still win promotion from them. Ultimately it has to be promotion. 

14 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Anyone joining the club should expect to make an improvement on a 7th place finish from last season. Their views will be aligned with the fans/voters, as shown by 97% expecting playoffs at the very minimum. They should all be determined enough to expect promotion too. If they don't think they're good enough to win promotion from this division then they shouldn't be joining us.

Exactly.  First place automatic or sixth and the play offs - I really couldn't give a damn.  But, I do think we should go for it this year.  

To be honest, any footballer that doesn't think they are good enough to win promotion is probably a league ahead of where they belong (or in need of significant confidence training).  

Jesus h christ

reading some of this makes me cringe 

its one transfer window… one .. to get it right or it half time boos all round

Even the great brian clough can thank his lucky stars he wasnt managing in this time where fans expect literally instant success

cos he would have been binned off after half a season too

no second chances if it doesnt quite work

good grief

10 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

Minimum expectation? Promotion via the playoffs.If we can't get automatic promotion from this poor league..we are Derby County...then serious questions should be asked of Warne.The facts are we are the 18th best supported club in the country..and that's playing Accrington Stanley Forest Green Rovers and Cheltenham...but we finished last season  51st position in the league that's the biggest discrepancy of the 92... this cannot be allowed to continue.And Im fully confident it won't...Autos it is!

Your right We are derby county

and since nigel clough we get through about a manager a season and look where thats got us 🤔

bit of patience might go a long way u know 

41 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Jesus h christ

reading some of this makes me cringe 

its one transfer window… one .. to get it right or it half time boos all round

Even the great brian clough can thank his lucky stars he wasnt managing in this time where fans expect literally instant success

cos he would have been binned off after half a season too

no second chances if it doesnt quite work

good grief

Half time boos? Everyone here is giving Warne the season (unless we have a catastrophic start). At that point he'll have had 83 league games to get this club promoted. When you're the biggest club, with the biggest budget, failing to get promoted would be a failure, whether that's storming to the title or scraping in at 6th and winning the playoffs.

We recruited Warne as a 'L1 promotion expert'. He had 3 promotions in 3 L1 seasons with Rotherham. What do you think he expects to achieve with Derby? Would he be part of the 3% who will be happy even if we don't improve from last season? Or the 45% who'll be content with Playoff failure?

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Half time boos? Everyone here is giving Warne the season (unless we have a catastrophic start). At that point he'll have had 83 league games to get this club promoted. When you're the biggest club, with the biggest budget, failing to get promoted would be a failure, whether that's storming to the title or scraping in at 6th and winning the playoffs.

We recruited Warne as a 'L1 promotion expert'. He had 3 promotions in 3 L1 seasons with Rotherham. What do you think he expects to achieve with Derby? Would he be part of the 3% who will be happy even if we don't improve from last season? Or the 45% who'll be content with Playoff failure?

A season? Give it 6 home games and if  we’re still bedding in and looking a bit disjointed still and 0-0 at home to an oxford or worse i can guarentee theyd be booing 

we all know it 

55 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Your right We are derby county

and since nigel clough we get through about a manager a season and look where thats got us 🤔

bit of patience might go a long way u know 

Think most people are giving him the full season by which time he’d have had pretty much 2 seasons in charge. That’s more than fair. If we were in the championship then I’d agree more patience would be needed as long as we’re comfortably surviving but this is league 1 and last season whichever way you look at it was our joint lowest finish in the pyramid in our entire history, the context of last season made this acceptable, this year it simply isn’t. 

Personally I think Warne will smash it and we’ll be celebrating come the end of the season.