Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

Extremely sad. 

When I say this, I have nothing against Bristol City as a club to any fans reading and mean no disrespect at all, despite Mr Poppadom over on their forum being an absolute end of a bell....I believe Knight can do a lot better.

Just to clarify, he can also do a lot better than League  1.

The lad should be either somewhere challenging for Premier League promotion or in the Premier League bottom half.

Give the lad his place in midfield, box to box, let him shine, don't abuse his willingness to play in every position giving it 100%.

In a year or two when Premier League clubs come sniffing you, which they will, one hell of a profit to be made from £2m.

What a player they are getting for £2m jeez.

Would like to think there's some kind of sell on fee, given his contract situation however I think it's unlikely.

The best compliment you can give him is, whenever he pulls on a shirt and crosses the white line, you can have no doubts at all he will be the hardest working player on the team, never giving anything less than 100%. 

Look after him 😢

3 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Good reminder that Knight is also one of the highest earners. 2M with a sell on fee, Kane Wilson and a good chunk of wage made available with him and Bielik. We’ve had their pants down 

So you been told Wilson is coming 

5 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Good reminder that Knight is also one of the highest earners. 2M with a sell on fee, Kane Wilson and a good chunk of wage made available with him and Bielik. We’ve had their pants down 

Are you sure we are getting 2m plus Wilson ?

6 minutes ago, David said:

Extremely sad. 

When I say this, I have nothing against Bristol City as a club to any fans reading and mean no disrespect at all, despite Mr Poppadom over on their forum being an absolute end of a bell....I believe Knight can do a lot better.

The lad should be either somewhere challenging for Premier League promotion or in the Premier League bottom half.

Give the lad his place in midfield, box to box, let him shine, don't abuse his willingness to play in every position giving it 100%.

In a year or two when Premier League clubs come sniffing you, which they will, one hell of a profit to be made from £2m.

Would like to think there's some kind of sell on fee, given his contract situation however I think it's unlikely.

The best compliment you can give him is, whenever he pulls on a shirt and crosses the white line, you can have no doubts at all he will be the hardest working player on the team, never giving anything less than 100%. 

Look after him 😢

Admire the sentiment behind this and knight always gave it everything for us. Genuinely hope he cracks on and has a good career.

However if he was as good as you proclaim would there not have been more clubs in for him? Especially at this £2m price.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Extremely sad. 

Look after him 😢

I echo most of your sentiments here but I honestly do not see Knight ever being a Premier League player. Top-end Championship perhaps.

Good value signing for Bristol City, however, and I hope he does really well for them. I'll certainly keep an eye on how he does.

It's always sad when we lose one of our academy lads.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Extremely sad. 

Look after him 😢

Must be watching a completely different player to me , you can run around all day long but dont do nothing with it .

4 minutes ago, David said:

Extremely sad. 

Look after him 😢

I do respect your opinions, Dav. I just have never seen what you have in him and don’t know why opinions differ so much on him. He’s a hard working midfielder, but technically he doesn’t stand out, far from it, if you’re being critical and his decision making is below average, bordering poor. He’s a great athlete, can run all day, but I’ve never seen the technical ability that I saw with Bird or Sibley, albeit do appreciate that he’s able to play the role of a fixer and cover ground. The problem is, the players that follow a similar profile typically are good defensively and he’s pretty poor in that aspect too. 

I’m interested to see how this plays out, but I just haven’t seen it from him. He may need coaching up but I personally would be very surprised if by the end of his career the majority of games played isn’t in the second division and this is the biggest move (money wise) he ever has. 

3 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Admire the sentiment behind this and knight always gave it everything for us. Genuinely hope he cracks on and has a good career.

However if he was as good as you proclaim would there not have been more clubs in for him? Especially at this £2m price.

I'm shocked that there isn't.

Then again more clubs choose to buy players off the back of a great season for a huge fee rather than find the gems.

£2m for a League 1 player which is unfortunately what he is, with a year left is actually decent money though.

Will be shocked again if he doesn't go on to give them a huge profit on their investment. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I do respect your opinions, Dav. I just have never seen what you have in him and don’t know why opinions differ so much on him. He’s a hard working midfielder, but technically he doesn’t stand out, far from it, if you’re being critical and his decision making is below average, bordering poor. He’s a great athlete, can run all day, but I’ve never seen the technical ability that I saw with Bird or Sibley, albeit do appreciate that he’s able to play the role of a fixer and cover ground. The problem is, the players that follow a similar profile typically are good defensively and he’s pretty poor in that aspect too. 

I’m interested to see how this plays out, but I just haven’t seen it from him. He may need coaching up but I personally would be very surprised if by the end of his career the majority of games played isn’t in the second division and this is the biggest move (money wise) he ever has. 

You're not the only one, I think this one will be split.

For me he's an absolute grafter, has the engine to cover box to box all game. Doesn't shirk a tackle or lose his head doing so, moves the ball round nicely, I mean for me he's exactly what you want in the middle of the pitch.....when played there.

Goals will come, when they do that's when his value will rocket.

For me, this will be controversial and laughed out this topic, I genuinely think he offers more than the "technically" better Will Hughes who has gone on to play Premier League football.

Let's not forget though anyone that suggested Will Hughes wouldn't play for England one day was also considered to be a controversial opinion. 

13 minutes ago, David said:

I'm shocked that there isn't.

Then again more clubs choose to buy players off the back of a great season for a huge fee rather than find the gems.

£2m for a League 1 player which is unfortunately what he is, with a year left is actually decent money though.

Will be shocked again if he doesn't go on to give them a huge profit on their investment. 

Shocking fee for me if it's 2 million.  This will collapse at the last minute though.  They'll be up in arms about sending money our way when we didn't pay HMRC in full.  We could spend it on another player.  Must be Armageddon down there with placards and everything.

mr-beam-waiting.gif

38 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Kane Wilson isn’t involved in the deal. It’s a separate deal, and one that hasn’t yet been agreed, as per our end (Bristol City fan).