Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

20 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I've seen pictures of Knighty in training today.. would they really include him in photos if he was going? Maybe I'm clutching at straws but I feel like if he was off, he wouldn't be taking part in preseason? If he doesn't go, I for one would be buzzing.

Come on Knighty, you little rat up a drain pipe, we love you ❤️❤️

He was in Belper Morrisons about an hour ago. Read into that what you will 👀

30 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I've seen pictures of Knighty in training today.. would they really include him in photos if he was going? Maybe I'm clutching at straws but I feel like if he was off, he wouldn't be taking part in preseason? If he doesn't go, I for one would be buzzing.

Of course he would still be taking part in preseason, if he stays he needs to be fit & ready for the season, no good to anyone him sitting on the sidelines. Also, the photographer isnt going to tell him to get out of the group running session so he can take a picture.

I dont think we can read anything in the fact he is training with us still.

23 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Of course he would still be taking part in preseason, if he stays he needs to be fit & ready for the season, no good to anyone him sitting on the sidelines. Also, the photographer isnt going to tell him to get out of the group running session so he can take a picture.

I dont think we can read anything in the fact he is training with us still.

I Dont know.. I think it could be a subliminal sign that he's staying. I could be well wrong but for the sake of it, please don't wee on my sparklers ❤️

Knights at a point of his career where he needs to be around better players to progress. Knight going to Bristol for £1.5 million doesn’t really help him, only helps us in the short term and will only help Bristol for when he’s worth £5-6 mill in a couple of seasons.

If I was a prem side the size of Palace, Villa etc I’d be tempted to take a gamble in the region of  £2.5-3.5mill now with the aim of developing him into a first team player. I can’t see the point in us selling him for £1.5mill to a champ team with little ambition to get out the league they are in. His potential is more than that and Bristol know it. If the chance is to build our side around him now and next season he can be a championship player with us, then it’s a gamble worth taking even if we didn’t get promoted and he left for nothing next summer.

I want him to be a success and an asset out of Derby County academy, going to Bristol doesn’t feel like a good development move to me. Top of the champ, lower-mid prem then I think that would be a great move for everyone involved.

4 hours ago, SK47 said:

maybe we’re trying to persuade interested parties we will hold on to him if the price is not right. Timing difficult for us because we clearly need to sell him to buy others 

11 hours ago, Scott129 said:

He was in Belper Morrisons about an hour ago. Read into that what you will 👀

11 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

He lives in Belper...

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He shops at Morrisons perhaps 😊

I think there's more reasons... etc... etc... 

5 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Why is there an assumption that we have to sell Knight before we buy anyone?

Clowes indicated we have a sizeable budget and it would be enough to get out of this league!

He didn’t mention selling anyone?

I think it’s people looking to explain the perceived delay in any further additions. Don’t believe it myself, but can see why people have come to that conclusion 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think it’s people looking to explain the perceived delay in any further additions. Don’t believe it myself, but can see why people have come to that conclusion 

Because it's the old way - spend more than you have. Maybe we're taking our time in negotiations to prove that we'll only spend what we want to, what a player is worth. and we don't need to sell to spend within our budget. Our more likely it's proving tough negotiating with players who might go to the division above! 😄