League 1 - 23/24 Season

Srg

18 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

A single point deduction is outrageous. The EFL are showing how completely clueless they truly are. 

The way they are helping them through this shambolic period is in direct contrast to the way that they tried to throw us under a fleet of busses.

Don't understand how they can not pay wages but still sign players 

A few strange things in League One this season.

5 teams all on 9 points, with 3 wins and 1 defeat.

Wigan have best record in league with 10 points, they have obliterated that points deduction.

Port Vale have 7 points after being thrashed 7-0 on opening day by Barnsley.  The much fancied Barnsely have only got 1 point since opening day and are well below Vale.

We are 1 of 9 teams yet to draw. Only 4 teams have drawn more than 1 game, which helps explain why only 3 teams remain unbeaten. 

For all the moaning about how we've played this season, the league table is pretty positive for how we've played. We could have easily played much better, but ended up with less/same points than we actually have got. Throw in a couple of teams winning all 4 and we could 6 or more off automatic already, rather than just 3.

We need to keep in touch with the top of the league whilst we hopefully start to function better as a team. Then bring in a couple more starting 11 players, plus getting Sibley back.

Next 2 games will be interesting. Maybe a little less pressure away from home.

"I am a massive Pompey fan, I have been for 50 years, I've been a season ticket holder forever," he continued.

"The adrenaline kicked in. I was worried about two things, one, if a contentious decision happened, but also if Pompey had scored how was I going to react?"

Pompey fan answers the call for a qualified official to leave his seat and run the line...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66482419

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen. Stonewall foul.

Thoughts?

that's about all the final confirmation that the Sneinton Masonic Lodge and Referee Indoctronation Center has finally turned it's attentions to someone who isn't us.

16 hours ago, Scott129 said:

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen. Stonewall foul.

Thoughts?

TBF, even his team mate (29) was asking WTF, so maybe the pull/tug wasn't so obvious from ground level? 
All about angles innit.  If the ref don't see it... etc... 

6 hours ago, Bessie1 said:

Curtis Davies scored Cheltenham’s winner last night against Burton.  He’s still got it in him!  (No filthy memes please).

If only we had someone that could score from set pieces. 😀