League 1 - 23/24 Season

Srg

14 hours ago, scout's dad said:

Not soon enough. It’s getting boring not being able to go to the match 🐏

I can agree with you there my friend. Is there any summer sports you like? I enjoy watching the Cricket men's and women's game and Wimbledon starts next week which I enjoy watching. Use to enjoy Formula1 until Red Bull started to bore me to pieces so stopped watching that. But like you say it doesn't compensate for the football. 

6 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Bristol Rovers have signed Javani Brown after his exit from Exeter.

Brown is, of course, due to stand trial in July accused of physically assaulting a woman. 

Bristol Rovers' manager is, of course, Joey Barton.

I mean, what could go wrong?

Saw this. What a match made in heaven. Wonder what their fans think. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Saw this. What a match made in heaven. Wonder what their fans think. 

They're not happy at all

Neither are people in Exeter, they rightly think he's got away with it. Beat up a woman in the high street, got paid whilst waiting trial, won't get any custodial sentence then gets a lucrative contract as well. f*** this guy, a true bamford of a person. Good player not denying that, but a nasty bit of work 

Didn't realise Reading's situation was quite that bad. Stupid question probably as finance isn't really my bag, but why don't they just play the admin card? 

It wasn't smooth sailing for us but it allowed us to reduce the debts that we'd accrued.

Never wish winding up orders on any club, because after all it’s the fans and community that suffers. Would expect Reading to have to offload more players though? 

In terms of promotion rivals, I’d expect Peterborough to be up around there. Saw Barnsley lost their manager so a bit up in the air. Bolton and Pompey seem to be strengthening nicely so would expect them in the mix.

On 28/06/2023 at 09:14, TomTom92 said:

Didn't realise Reading's situation was quite that bad. Stupid question probably as finance isn't really my bag, but why don't they just play the admin card? 

It wasn't smooth sailing for us but it allowed us to reduce the debts that we'd accrued.

Because there's a non zero chance that they end up liquidated I guess.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Winding up order Reading FC about to add Theo Walcott to the ranks it seems.

It would be interesting to see the numbers behind that deal, because I doubt he’s going to be on cheap wages for League One. They’re already under EFL restrictions and their revenues will be well down. It just seems strange to me. 

Walcott will be excellent at this level. He’s going to have too much for the standard defenders at this level, at the very least he’ll be a flat track bully and punish the worse sides in the league - we saw what McGoldrick was able to do and Walcott is a better player. He still looked decent in the Premier League last season.