League 1 - 23/24 Season

Srg

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It would be interesting to see the numbers behind that deal, because I doubt he’s going to be on cheap wages for League One. They’re already under EFL restrictions and their revenues will be well down. It just seems strange to me. 

Walcott will be excellent at this level. He’s going to have too much for the standard defenders at this level, at the very least he’ll be a flat track bully and punish the worse sides in the league - we saw what McGoldrick was able to do and Walcott is a better player. He still looked decent in the Premier League last season. 

Tbf, he's only managed to score more than 5 in the league once since 12/13, averaging 1238 minutes of football per season during that period.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Tbf, he's only managed to score more than 5 in the league once since 12/13, averaging 1238 minutes of football per season during that period.

He'll average plenty in this one and can play out wide as well.  Centrally he'll get 25 goals.  Might have a tenner on it.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It would be interesting to see the numbers behind that deal, because I doubt he’s going to be on cheap wages for League One. They’re already under EFL restrictions and their revenues will be well down. It just seems strange to me. 

Walcott will be excellent at this level. He’s going to have too much for the standard defenders at this level, at the very least he’ll be a flat track bully and punish the worse sides in the league - we saw what McGoldrick was able to do and Walcott is a better player. He still looked decent in the Premier League last season. 

Their fans are patting each other on the back cos they’ve sold nearly 7,000 season tickets 😂

On 05/07/2023 at 22:47, Ghost of Clough said:

Averaging around 5 goals in 14 games in the Premier League over the last 3 years means he should be more than capable of having a strong season in league 1 if he stays fit. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

8 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Averaging around 5 goals in 14 games in the Premier League over the last 3 years means he should be more than capable of having a strong season in league 1 if he stays fit. 

He scored a total of 5 league goals in the last 3 seasons and 12 goals in the last 5 seasons.

26 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Trafford will be be hard to replace in goal for Bolton, this season. I can't see him being loaned back to a league 1 team.

Hasn't he just gone to Burnley for something like £15m?

Trafford and Bradley will be big misses for Bolton, but they have good relationships with the big teams in the North West so will probably get a couple of decent players starting out their journey. 

For what it’s worth, Trafford was very poor in the game against us at our place. One of the worst passers of a ball I remember seeing from this season. He’s been great for England recently though, still… I’d 100% going for Cooper over Trafford if we’re talking keepers from this level. Cooper was unbelievable last season before his injury. 

I used some of my online frequent flyer miles to watch Reading and AFC Wimbledon this morning. I wanted to see what shape Reading were in, turns out an appalling one based on that showing. They were truly absolutely terrible. I watched South Shields and Sunderland after and that was a brilliant game. South Shields play excellent football for a non-league side. Sunderland have done really well recruiting from overseas, some of their young lads are brilliant. Luis Semedo, who they picked up from Benfica, is an absolute specimen - if he does well then there will be talk of huge money. I didn’t see enough of him with the ball to make much more of a judgment but he’s a physical freak.