League 1 - 23/24 Season

Srg

4 hours ago, Carnero said:

EFL has charged them now with failure to pay wages on time on 3 occasions... points deduction incoming?

"The charges relate to the Club failing to meet their obligations to pay its players’ wages on time and in full on or around 31 October 2022, 30 November 2022 and 28 April 2023."

Oct 2022? WTF?

When we were a day late with payment in the run up to Christmas 2021, EFL were onto us with a transfer embargo within 2 weeks, scuppering our Jan recruitment plans.

48 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

"The charges relate to the Club failing to meet their obligations to pay its players’ wages on time and in full on or around 31 October 2022, 30 November 2022 and 28 April 2023."

Oct 2022? WTF?

When we were a day late with payment in the run up to Christmas 2021, EFL were onto us with a transfer embargo within 2 weeks, scuppering our Jan recruitment plans.

I hope your not suggesting that clubs are treated differently 😆😆😆😆

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Oct 2022? WTF?

They EFL have treated every late wage payment case differently. Unsurprisingly, we were dealt with most harshly of all.

53 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Swansea sniffing around Duff, if he goes then the stars have definitely aligned for us this season.

I agree this could be very helpful, but I think they are financially stable and in a strong position with their squad.

8 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Swansea sniffing around Duff, if he goes then the stars have definitely aligned for us this season.

Yes, helpful from a Derby POV. Really rate him as a manager & will undoubtedly disrupt their summer.

Barnsley a real threat for one of the top 2 spots if they were able to replicate their form from February onwards. Interesting to see who they replace him with & how quickly.

13 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Tom Ince is leaving Reading. Watford have activated his £500K release clause.

Thats a strange one. I know he had an alright season last year and he did well for us, but didnt think a team going for promotion would go for him. £50k is a steal though

On 18/06/2023 at 00:23, Andrew3000 said:

Portsmouth have signed 5 already. Don't know about the quality obviously, but given end of season form they will be serious promotion rivals.

Overall pretty good business done by them, Will Norris is a really quality keeper who will make a good impact for them next season I'm sure, Saydee was pretty solid last season for Shrewsbury as well plus he's really young so I only assume he will improve, Shaugnessy and Scully I am not too impressed with, but they're still good pieces to add for depth if anything. I still like what we're doing more (probably a bit of bias) but can certainly add them as a club that will be fighting with us for automatic promotion. 

On 22/06/2023 at 22:47, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Correct use of twitter from a football club.

Eeek their fans did not take kindly to it did they? Reposnses from cafc fans seems to embarrassing, waste of time and why aren't we signing any players 

I thought it was pretty funny to be fair 😂